Who is your favorit...

Notifications
Clear all

Who is your favorite bad guy of all time and why?

vanderner
(@vanderner)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

This seemed like the most appropate place for me to post this topic. I was curious to find out who your favorite bad guy is of all time, from games, films, telly, books ect ect. Why is he/she at the top of your list?

for me it has to be scorpious from Farscape, I don't know what it is about him that I find so sinister, I love the fact he will do anything to acheive his goals and in the process making Kyrton life a living hell, yet for some one so sinister he has one of the calmest voices I've ever heard! Not to mention the fact I love his outfit.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Oh so many to pick from... I think I will chose Davros the Dalek Emperor. When I was a kid these baddies kept me hooked to the show and Davros was EVIL 😈

ReplyQuote
vanderner
(@vanderner)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Lol I'm guessing your a simular age to me then darkone, I remember it as well as a kid they really did scare me as a child, it was the voice more than anything else, he certainly is evil with a one track mind, even more devious in the more recently episodes of the the new doctor whos.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Yes that voice sent some chills for sure. And I have to admit I stopped watching after Tom Baker left Dr Who. I have heard good things about the series but I grew up on Tom Baker and really do need to revisit the series when I get some spare time. I miss K-9 🙂

ReplyQuote
vanderner
(@vanderner)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Its actually worth watching, the doctor I remember mostly growing up was Slvester McCoy hope I spelt his name right. My only issue with the Dr Who franchise is the story lines well are a little far fetched at times beyond the point of me thinking it could be realistic. When it comes to programs I like to think that there is a sense of realisim or it could be reality or an alternative reality if that makes sense.....

On the happier note for you they bring the doggy back 🙂 for a few episodes, then they did a spin off for children called the Sarah Jane Chronicals, which should ring a bell for you and K-9 becomes a regular character in that program.

*coughs* trying bring the thread back to the topic and throw in another Sci Fi bad guy........Londo from Bablon 5, although I'm not sure I would actually consider him to be evil as such but he is certainly repersents what a few bad choices could do for a character. His intentions was always good towards the republic but obviously destroying the narn home world wasnt exactly the actions of a good man.

ReplyQuote
bertipa
(@bertipa)
Senior Chief Registered

vanderner wrote:
.....Londo from Bablon 5, although I'm not sure I would actually consider him to be evil as such but he is certainly repersents what a few bad choices could do for a character. His intentions was always good towards the republic but obviously destroying the narn home world wasnt exactly the actions of a good man.

Londo is great! Between him and G'Kar the best SciFi series character ever! They have their agendas and they will follow it ruthlessly but at the core they are more honorable than the 'good becouse it is right' other characters.

As bad guys go Dollhouse Alpha is quite interesting, deranged but passionate and keeping with Whedon writing also 'the Operative' is refreshing merciless also.

Going back to literature Edmond Hamilton's Sherr Kan is also great, especially in the second book where he can be sarcastic at will, Lucas wanted to bring this on the silver screen but when he failed to get the rights he wrote by himself (copied from Kurosawa) Star Wars.

P.S. Kipling's Shere Khan was quite the bad guy also but maybe not in line with this thread

P.P.S. The grey characters, pirates, smugglers, thieves like Conan, Morgan Chane and Earl Dumarest will always have a space in my heart exept when they try to put them on screen like the Conan horribles movies.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

There been lot of great villains over the years, Darth vader being the most obvious one but I will go for a more obscure one

Travis from Blake 7

71477png.jpg

And another vote for the excellent banter between Londo and G'Kar 😎

ReplyQuote