Wonders of the Sola...

Notifications
Clear all

Wonders of the Solar System - BBC Series

Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Completely by accident I happened to tune in to BBC Two tonight and found myself looking at a gorgeous CGI representation of Saturn and her fabulous icy rings. Turns out this is the second in a five-part series.

Today was all about Saturn, her rings, and her many moons, with information from the Cassini probe's recent-ish fly-by generously filling the major portions of the programme. It delved deeply into the mysteries surrounding this beautiful planet, highlighting more than one of her 61 moons for particular attention, and explained in clear, fascinated tones how the ring system worked to explain the origins of the Solar System itself.

Being a BBC production you can watch this on their very own iPlayer. My sincerest apologies, Rest of the World, but I don't think iPlayer is available outside of the UK, although if you are resourceful and even just a little web-savvy you may find episodes elsewhere.

Enjoy!

PS: This is Science Fact, not fiction, but I make no apologies for posting it here - Education is Your Friend!

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I have to amdit I have found it a bit of a disappointment so far,not nearly as good the Planets

series from about a decade ago.Far too much of coxs wandering around,parroting a few fact

then gazing into the middle distance.Iam hoping the next episode will be better.

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Topic starter  
PINBACK wrote:
I have to amdit I have found it a bit of a disappointment so far,not nearly as good the Planetsseries from about a decade ago.Far too much of coxs wandering around,parroting a few factthen gazing into the middle distance.Iam hoping the next episode will be better.

Really? Maybe I was just overwhelmed by the 20 minutes I saw for the fact that it is so rare to see anything about space on TV these days. And for the fact it spared me from watching whatever horrible soap was on the other channels. 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Watched the 3rd episode,still not grabbing me.

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Topic starter  
PINBACK wrote:
Watched the 3rd episode,still not grabbing me.

Then I release you from the obligation to watch any more, Pinback. I found episode 3 just as interesting as last week's but it clearly won't be everybody's cup of Earl Grey.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Well Iam going to watch the other two episodes, 🙂 its just a bit of a shame that I have found the series a bit on the boring side, 😥 and all those endless panoramic shot of Earths wilderness,proberly looks great in HD just wish they had spent a bit more on time the subject.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Well I thought that the last esisode was the best one,really interesting take what life might

be in the solar system.

ReplyQuote