Notifications
Clear all

Dan Simmons - Hyperion

s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Anyone heard of this guy?

A friend got me the Hyperion omnibus for christmas as she thought this guy was Peter F Hamilton (My favorite author).

I've only just started, it seems pretty good (couldn't put it down last night 😉 ) but I was wondering if any of you guys have given this a read or at least heard of it?

Cheers,

Dan.

CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Quote:
Anyone heard of this guy?

A friend got me the Hyperion omnibus for christmas as she thought this guy was Peter F Hamilton (My favorite author).

I've only just started, it seems pretty good (couldn't put it down last night ) but I was wondering if any of you guys have given this a read or at least heard of it?

Cheers,

Dan.

You are in a treat. 😀 Even better than Hamilton's "Night's Dawn" trilogy (And that was a real page turner). Does the omnibus also have the "Fall of Hyperion"?

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  
Quote:
You are in a treat. 😀 Even better than Hamilton's "Night's Dawn" trilogy (And that was a real page turner). Does the omnibus also have the "Fall of Hyperion"?

Great, yes it contains the 'Fall of Hyperion' also. Think I'll have an early night and read this hehe.

ReplyQuote
bertipa
(@bertipa)
Senior Chief Registered

The first Hyperion book is a classic, really good and thought-provoking (Peter F. Hamilton can learn a lot from here).

The second is a good modern space opera.

The third, for me, was boring.

Never finished the third, never started the forth.

ReplyQuote