State of science fi...

Notifications
Clear all

State of science fiction visual novels?

Anonymous
Topic starter  

I would like to know, what is the state of the science fiction or sci-fi visual novels. Are there any good out there? Is there any western novels that are not made in anime style?

(Also, point'n'click in most occasions is just a VN with interactive elements - why do people insist on them being different, I cannot comprehend) 

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I have always wanted to make a game using http://www.renpy.org/ but I suck at art, but I think I could make a good story out of what is in my head. But then I need the free time as well 🙂

Don't often see scifi in visual novel type games often, its usually like what you say which is anime. I mean I saw a crazy kickstarter for a anime game that doubled its target in 3 days and it was over $400k... crazy! If you have a good artist you could make some really great stories.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Topic starter  

Incidentally, I am also trying to make a VN, but my problem is that every idea I come up with are far too grand and impersonal operas that I would probably never finish as a rookie. Also, I am not too soddy at drawing things. I am a bit rusty, but everything should start coming back as I make pictures and stuff.

n9RlQ8X.jpg

Perhaps we could make a VN together. (Something on the shorter side kind of VN.)

ReplyQuote