Notifications
Clear all

Camera / damage system

NeighborKid
(@neighborkid)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

So I found this game while I was bored on the net, and I have to say I'm really interested! It looks awesome!  I've already had one of my questions answered(mod tools). I was also wondering would there be a chance that we might be able to see a setting to set the game into a "movie" or "cinematic"  mode like in star wars Empire at war?   I know it's kinda an extra thing, but with how your game looks now(beautiful) It would be rather awesome to kick back and watch a battle unfold listening to music etc..   Example -> 

secondly.. Will there be any form of module damage system?  Such as main weapons destroyed, Bridge smashed, Engines damaged/ Destroyed, Shield generator destroyed.. etc?  

MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered

So I found this game while I was bored on the net, and I have to say I'm really interested! It looks awesome!  I've already had one of my questions answered(mod tools). I was also wondering would there be a chance that we might be able to see a setting to set the game into a "movie" or "cinematic"  mode like in star wars Empire at war?   I know it's kinda an extra thing, but with how your game looks now(beautiful) It would be rather awesome to kick back and watch a battle unfold listening to music etc..   Example -> 

secondly.. Will there be any form of module damage system?  Such as main weapons destroyed, Bridge smashed, Engines damaged/ Destroyed, Shield generator destroyed.. etc?  

Hey there, yep movie/cinematic mode is planned - it's really difficult striking the balance between having the player manage as much of the action as possible or having the game play itself. The transitional orbit camera is a pretty good way to sit back and watch the action also but I will definitely have a think about how I can make it even more cinematic 🙂

Subsystem targeting is implemented for taking out Large and Very Large weapons, Shields and Engines. Because of the amount of ships the player will control I'm unsure as to how much granularity I can get away with here before it turns into a dreaded clickfest but yeah over the next few months we'll see that sort of functionality mature.

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
AnastasiusFocht
(@anastasiusfocht)
Petty Officer Registered

Hey there, yep movie/cinematic mode is planned - it's really difficult striking the balance between having the player manage as much of the action as possible or having the game play itself. The transitional orbit camera is a pretty good way to sit back and watch the action also but I will definitely have a think about how I can make it even more cinematic 🙂

Subsystem targeting is implemented for taking out Large and Very Large weapons, Shields and Engines. Because of the amount of ships the player will control I'm unsure as to how much granularity I can get away with here before it turns into a dreaded clickfest but yeah over the next few months we'll see that sort of functionality mature.

Thanks!

How about implementing an order "target subsystem X" and then designate target ships, kinda like an "attack-move" many rts games sport?

ReplyQuote