Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

IGG Crowdfunding Countdown Annoucement!

MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
IGG_Logo_SS.png

Sooo here's a quick update from us; we're busting with excitement here with e-mails flying about getting the finishing touches ready and heavily testing the alpha demo to minimise some of the bugs.

ReducedForumShot.jpg

Over on IndieDB there's a potent announcement of the impending IndieGogo campaign (no longer Kickstarter, explained on page) we talk about the progression of the game to closed alpha, there's a cool GIF of a station exploding/disintegrating and a set of serene HD wallpapers of partially eclipsed planets to take a look at!

Here's the latest video from Brian as he tests one of the alpha builds running on his mac in OSX with commentry.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Nice video showing off the game as well, I didn't see on your website the exact reason why going with indiegogo over kickstarter? I take it its because the differences in funding?

But glad you guys got to this point and this will be a good gauge to see some interest in the game so far and regardless of alpha footage or not its look good so far (even with the missiles that go in circles haha... liked that btw).

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

Good luck with the campaign guys

ReplyQuote
MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Good luck with the campaign guys

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Nice video showing off the game as well, I didn't see on your website the exact reason why going with indiegogo over kickstarter? I take it its because the differences in funding?

But glad you guys got to this point and this will be a good gauge to see some interest in the game so far and regardless of alpha footage or not its look good so far (even with the missiles that go in circles haha... liked that btw).

This has been copied and pasted from an internal development team discussion, some confidential parts have been removed so I apologise if it reads patchy.

Here's why we should use IndieGogo:

- Builtin google analytics (just needs ID)

- They still support the preview link

- Multiple authors to edit the page and provide updates (attached to our Facebooks for authenticity)

- Supports PayPal payments (so we don't have to)

- Supports setting to USD regardless of country

- Review and acceptance of campaign is done **the same day** in most cases 1 hour

- The page design is soooooo much better

- Supports direct debit and credit card payments, so backers don't even have to use PayPal or any other payment system

- Supports payments as a PayPal guest, so they don't even actually have to sign up

- Option to collect funds even if we don't win and continue collecting funds after the campaign is done (I really like this feature - but we're not going to use it)

- E-mailing the support team gets an near instant response (4 hours)

- Has an inbuilt URL shortner

- Use's YouTube is it's pitch video host meaning we get the count from the views

- Can use embedly ( http://embed.ly/ ) to create more engaging media snippets

- We can extend the campaign if needed

- Has integrated Image and Video galleries that we can literally stuff with media, progress videos, interviews with team members

Why I think we should consider not using Kickstarter:

- They have been verifying my identity for 3 weeks now and still haven't got back to me.

- I have sent 4 chase e-mails now over 3 weeks and each one has been ignored

- We still need to go through their vetting process, which at this rate will likely take another 2-3 weeks

- We can only use 1 ID to manage and provide updates, so it will have to be our faceless entity (I really don't like that)

- They take more of a cut than Indiegogo

- If we fail, we'll have to copy and paste onto Indiegogo anyways

- Have you ever actually used amazon payments?

- Business setup issues mean the bank now wants me to change accounts  which means I could have to go through identity verification again!?!

Also, look at this:

Month on month the Kickstarter traffic has actually fallen to around 15 million with Indiegogo having climbed to around 14 million. I don't believe these figures actually mean anything because if you don't have the collateral from day one you aren't getting on the front page to make use of those stats. It is clear that Kickstarter still have the lions portion of the market share, but I'm seeing that actually Indiegogo would be faaaar easier to work with and granted there is a lot of 'fluff' on that platform, I think it would be easier for us to get on the front page.

But the main point I have to make here is that if we needed to, I could get a campaign up and running on IndieGogo today. But with Kickstarter: 

- Who knows how long it will take them to verify me

- There's a chance they might want to verify me *again* if I change my bank account

- We haven't even had the page vetted for compliance/received the go-ahead from them yet

- There is no certainty that they will grant us (maybe they've had enough computer games applications for a month!)

ReplyQuote
MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

It should be noted that as of this day 6 weeks later, Kickstarter are still verifying my identity despite having received 3 copies of my passport and a copy of my driving license. The same documents I used to open a corporate bank account with USD facility in the UK.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Guess kickstarter is getting to large for their own good and they are forgetting what got them there in the first place, which was all these little guy projects. I totally agree going with indiegogo just for the simple fact that they have neglected your application for so long, crap its money for them and they are leaving it on the table. Never understood why some companies don't have any sense of urgency, the more kickstarters they process through hopefully the more money their company makes. Not too hard to figure out, hire more damn reviewers for these projects so people can get them on the site.

I hope this funding project goes very well for you and I think it will.

-D1-

ReplyQuote
MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Guess kickstarter is getting to large for their own good and they are forgetting what got them there in the first place, which was all these little guy projects. 

In my position I couldn't possibly comment on that, I am merely presenting you with the facts my good man. 😉

By the way, do any of you happen to run a Twitch or a YouTube channel? I can fire you over a copy of the demo early to review?

Cheers,

James

ReplyQuote