Notifications
Clear all

Bertha

Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

This is my next WIP, I'm working on texturing my floating hanger but I've been working on this when I need a break from texturing.

bertha1.jpg

bertha2.jpg

bertha3.jpg

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Nice design Chebar,did you ever get to the bootom of how to do the UV unwrap.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I'm not structural engineer Chebar, the overall design looks great and one of the best you have done so far. Great to see the improvements on each new design 🙂

On the hangers themselves, well they look like your average hanger you would find on earth. A hanger bay could be a module style box attached to the ships hull. Or integrated right into the hull.

I look at wings as a weakness in a space craft and only should be used for weapon mounts. Because the design screams fire at my hangers because they are exposed. This is just my opinions in how I think ships should look. Remember wings are not needed in space. They don't provide really any steering in space it is thrusters that do the steering because of the physics of motion. You only need wings when you have gravity. But that is only my opinion.

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I'm still working on the uv mapping thing. I'm going to post some updated pics in the floating hanger topic.

I'm still working out the final design of this ship. I like to post new things on sunday, because it seems I get the more feedback on mondays. Which is why I posted this one before it was relly ready.

I now this ship has a lot of spots that scream hit me here, but as far as I know in Miner Wars these motherships are not attackable. I understand about the wings but to keep this design going I need something that didn't look like just a few blocks holding up the hangers.

thanks for the feedback. When I make a ship that gets past you, I know I have a winner.

ReplyQuote
volrider
(@volrider)
Petty Officer Registered

Very nice, Chebar! My first impression was of a powerful and deadly ship. One I would like to have, or at least, serve on.

I do agree with D1 on the hangers, though. The arch on top tends to make them look like buildings plucked straight from the ground. I would be more inclined to go with a more box shape, as the arch would not be needed for support against gravity, IMO.

ReplyQuote