Notifications
Clear all

Dirty Dusty

Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

here is a type of drilling ship I came up with. The big wheels in the front are more like grinding wheels then a drill.

dirtydusty10.jpg

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Nice job on the texturing Chebar, would be nice to see this ship tearing up an asteroid.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Great texture,space ship have to be dirty 😀

But how do you collect the materal which is being mined or is there another ship following behind ❓

Is design based on a planes landing gear. ❓

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

thanks guys, this is ment to be something that would be used to clean out an opening or tunnel. Not to collect.

PINBACK wrote:
Is design based on a planes landing gear. ❓

thats funny, a few people have asked me that, and no its not but now i can see that it does.

I'm in the middle of giving it an overhaul, hopefully I'll have new pics soon.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Compared to Chebar's first model this is a Mona Lisa 😀

show-off-f55/first-ship-t508.html

Hey Chebar with your skills picking up that's for sure you should troll the forums I have seen numerous devs asking for some modeling help, nice way to build the resume of things you worked on.

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

heres an update on this ship, and if anyone would like me to make something for them, just let me know.

newbit5.jpg

newbit6.jpg

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Oh that some really nice work there Chebar. Can't see from your image but is the blades on the drill flared out a bit so you can see the three different layers of blades you got there? And should the drill head go to a point or is there something on the front that I cannot see that will help with starting the drill hole?

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

thanks, i didn't show the front of the drill because I'm not sure on what I want to do to finish it. It does come to a small point but it doesn't like right yet. Maybe I'll add a rocket launcher to it, so you can use that to make a starter hole. not sure where to go next with it next. I'll keep playing with it and hopefully have it ready for another texture soon.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Steve, I kept telling you from the start that you've got skills .... this really looks cool man !

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

thanks, i was waiting to see if this pleased you master. 😀

ReplyQuote