Clear all

Models giveaway

Page 1 / 9

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Hey guys.

A few years ago I was working on a mod that was supposed to be a complete overhaul for Freelancer but somehow after a wile the project closed due to lack of enough ppl in the team. During that time I created a number of models that were supposed to get textured and imported in the game but unfortunately they never made it.

A couple of months ago I remembered about Freelancer when I was browsing on a gaming site for new combat scifi games to play and realized I still have those models on a usb stick somewhere ... I found it after a wile searching all around the house and thought it would be cool if I give all these models to the community, maybe someone will find a use for some of them, who knows. I hope my gift for you and all the hard I put in these models will be appreciated. There are about 150 or more models available for download, some are WIPs, some are completed and they're in 3DS and/or OBJ format.

You can preview the models on my site and use the provided link to download them:
http://solcommand.com/

I also make models on request if you need one so you can contact me here via PM or use the contact form on my site.

Thank you for your time and enjoy my models

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Wow SolCommand those models are amazing. I have been wanting to create some models like these and just need to learn blender or 3DS. Have you ever made any tutorials?

Is that download link a permanent link or do I need to upload them here?

Nice blog btw, you should look into Infinity: Quest for Earth they are always looking for some great models for that game as well.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Thx a lot m8.

That download link is always there but feel free to upload the archive here also if you wish, no problems, who knows, maybe something will happen with my archive and all those models will be gone :O

Infinity ? Heard of it but never took the time to check it out, I'll look into, ty 😉

Oh and btw I haven't done any tutorials as I still have much to learn myself.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Awsome work Solcommander like the idea of the sleeper ship in the asteroid. 😎

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

again i have to gratulate you to your work solcommand!

to darkone

modelling tutorials for spaceships with 3ds?

i'm willing, but still i have to discover this huge piece of software and sometimes things are really hidden also i'm just learning and i'm relatively a newbe in modelling (started out with cars for nfs, scgt and a race track for scgt which is still under construction but textures wont show off in in my editor on XP (i think it's an openGL problem but i'm not shure) so i have to reinstall ME/98 👿

what would you appreciate more: illustrated text or moving images?

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Cheers guys

Farcodev, you can use those models for anything you want m8. I'm actually glad my models are of some use to you.

Cya

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

..... ohh yeah, Morena was in a different folder than the one with the models I archived. Thx for letting me know or else I would've not noticed it for some time. I will upload it sometime tonight when I go home or tomorrow morning (if i get lucky) ...

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Seems there's a problem with "Morena". I no longer have the final version of that ship, I probably deleted the file by mistake 😳 , yet I still have a work-in-progress of it. Guess I'll have to redo it. Will post it when it's done.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

So farcodev we going to see some of these models in Far Colony?

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

"Far Colony" .... what's that ?

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Decided I'd a quick vid of my latest ship, it's not perfect but will do 🙂 The ship is not always centered and sometimes it moves too fast but ... that's life lolz 😆

This ship is also available for download ... link in my sig.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Nice ship Solcommander 😎 if I had access to 3ds I would run some of the models through panda for use in

FFE3D.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

I just finished remaking the Anna-V Destroyer.

Changes consist of :

- removed the plate with the name of the ship

- removed some solar panels

- small texture changes

- rearranged UVs

ALSO, the destroyer now comes with 20 texture variations. The preview is way to big to post here so you can >> see it if you click this link <<.

Took me 10 hours to bake all these textures 😮

Download the model here:

http://cid-5d0715049236d05b.skydrive.li ... Variations

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Awsome work on the texture Solcommander I like the rusted worn looking ones 😎

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Cheers guys ! Doing my best to provide the community with original models cause I'm tired to see in game mods the same starwars ships(and other shows) over and over again. Thus all the models shown on my blog(and more) are available for free unrestricted download for everyone to use them in any mod they want. Gives me a lot of satisfaction when I receive videos with ingame footage of my models and also sincere thx from the ppl that download them. Although I'm rather new to texturing I'm doing my best to release all my ships and stuff with textures, they're nowhere near perfect but from what I've been told they do qualify as some of the best free models around. Most models(even better than mine) are done for a specific mod, so ppl can't download and enjoy those 3D models, that's why I get loads of "thx" cause I give my ships and bases and stuff to anyone 🙂

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Some of you may recognize this model, it's an older one of mine but I never got around to texture it till now. This is supposed to be a mining station that was attacked and destroyed long time ago and it fits well as a scenery object placed in a gas cloud somewhere.

Derelict%20mining%20station.jpg

======

>> Click here to download <<

======

> click here to preview the model in case the image is not appearing <

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Another outstanding model and tex there Solcommander. 😎

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Thx PINBACK ... *hands a cold beer and a hi5* ...

Here's another one for you guys to have fun with.

Dunno why but the more I look at this ship the more it seems to resemble like a spaceship version of an Audi when you look at it from the front :)))) lol, got a sick & twisted mind.

So here it is -> the Cobra Bomber, aka missile-whore:

33wwp77.jpg

>> Download model here <<

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

And another ship from the same family, the Cobra Interceptor.

n2ycjn.jpg

Download:

http://digitalbrilliance.org/SC/

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Great detail on the bomber 😎 shame that freelancer mod never made it out.

Love the pirate smiley 😀

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

SolCommand you thought about designing some models for Infinity? Most of the models you have made are better than most of the models submitted by members of the Infinity community.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Feels good to know ppl think this of my work 😉

Actually m8 I've been on the Infinity forums already and had a try at contributing to the game with my models but I soon realised this project is not really for me. Why I'm saying this ? Cause they have too many rules concerning the models, starting with landing gear, and all sorts of other stuff like that, to how should the vertexes and polygons be arranged ........ aka "do that, don't do that or the other that etc". I hate rules of any kind :)) I've got enough rules in real life, the least I can do is have fun on my pc when doing models and when I do my models in my own style I do have fun.

The models made by the infinity community are great and I realise my models would be great too if I took the time to make them as they request but that would just take all the fun out of it. For the moment I'm happy to supply everyone else with models for their games and mods and it feels awesome when I get a "thx" once in a while.

Maybe one day I'll change my mind and try come up with something for Infinity, but until then, I'll keep doing what I do now, ships, bases and scenery objects straight from my imagination for everyone to use.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

😀 Well I should come up with a new model in a few days if my work schedule changes for the better. Am curious what's gonna be, a base or ship, cause chances are 50/50 right now. I've got like a dozen projects on my to-do list so .... we'll see.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

😀

Did a little more work on my favorite ship today, the "Morena" smuggler ship .......

abgi6e.jpg

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

....... and the final touches before texturing ......

2csbcic.jpg

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 9