Notifications
Clear all

Models giveaway

Page 3 / 9

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Heh, no one would give $$ for that and I still have to consolidate my knowledge in the area first. I was actually thinking of starting to do some extremely low poly/game ready probably non-sci-fi models and post on turbosquid for sale at 5 $ or so ... but that's still just a thought.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Had a try at doing a ship inspired by one of those pics you posted, but it's not going as I wanted, it's not looking good enough, so still needs a bit more work before I release the model, need to be in the right mood :p

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Meanwhile here's another ship

http://solcommand.blogspot.com/2010/02/ ... eptor.html

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

This model was inspired by this pic:

... as mentioned in .txt file in the download archive.

Just saying so I wouldn't be accused of claiming the concept as my own ... altough my version has serious differences.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Made some changes to my blog, what do you guys think of it ? (added a new menu, removed and added some stuff)

http://solcommand.blogspot.com/

I also started a new blog for game news and stuff. If you have a project you'd want advertised let me know.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

> Download <

> Wallpaper <

NOTE: This particular ship mesh may have some missing/overlapping polys due to the fact that exactly when i was saving the model my pc crashed because the power went off.

I fixed all -bad- polys that I could find, however there may be a few that I didn't saw. Even so, the model should be useable.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Btw this is the ship I said I'd do for you. I started doing something after those pics you posted but it turned out like crap so I blend something from those designs with a fair number of ideas of my own and turned out with this design right here.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

A wile ago I got a request for a church in space, so here it is 🙂

>> Download <<

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Farcodev, looks like you got a nice ship for Far Colony in the Eris. Thumbs up SolCommand.

Make sure you shine your ships up before you go to church, no rust or scorch marks allowed 🙂

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Here are a couple of renders of my latest WIPs

kane%20wip.jpg

miner%20wip.jpg

These ships are not available for download atm.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

That miner ship is kick ass SolCommand. A+ job.

Question on how you think the functionality of the miner ship. Will the concept of this ship will be to shoot a beam to do the mining and break up the rock? If so what is the collection mechanism? Is there something missing on the ship that I am missing that actually does the gathering or is the front of the ship multi-purpose? 🙂

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Maybe I shouldn't have named it "Miner" 😀 I really coundn't think of any other name at the time hehe. This ship does no mining whatsoever, it's a mothership and that hole is the docking bay / hangar. Basically you fly your small mining ship in that hole, press "X" on your keyboard and voila! you're docked with the mothership.

As for the speed .... I could make one such ship in a couple of hours I guess if I'm really inspired, however when I'm not in such a good mood it can take me a few days till i figure out exactly how the ship should look.

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered

Mood is everything to me when i'm modeling. Most of my models are done in short stages.

I can't wait to see your new ships with some textures on them.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Here's something I made in a couple of hours on request:

http://solcommand.blogspot.com/2010/03/ ... viper.html

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered

very nice, do you think you could post or send me a shot of one og your ships in wire frame mode?

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

M8 that model is available for download, as are all of mine. So you can download them & look at all wireframes from all angles.

http://solcommand.blogspot.com/

There are 2 download buttons on the page, just scroll a bit down and you'll see them. Why 2 ? Cause they point to 2 servers, main server and backup one.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Here's my latest WIP

http://solcommand.blogspot.com/2010/03/ ... r-wip.html

Now I'll need to think of a texture for it ...

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered

cool looking ship. what is your poly count on this one? The panels in the front look a little funny, but I'm sure once you texture it, it will fit in. Can you add a pic of the front? I would like to see what it looks like as your getting ready to fly into the loading dock.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

It looks much better textured 😉 I'll add more pics once it's done and probably a vid too.

ReplyQuote
dertien
(@dertien)
Crewman Registered

Hi everyone.

Here's a link to the classic ships from elite, revamped and normalmapped for oolite. They look awesome ingame. They however do not have any landing gears. Griff is redoing all the ships for oolite now in 'normalmapped version'

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Griff_Industries

In Silent Hunter 3, which is a naval simulation btw, you could add extra ships, by adding them in their own folder, and an entry in the shiplist.txt file. The game would then pick up that ship from the shiplist.txt and spawn it ingame in the campaign.

It would be cool to have that in pioneer too, so everyone could import (if they so desired) additional ships, and buildings, or replace the originals completely.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

I'm done with the texture for this one. I really like how it turned out, dark and stuff, the only thing I'm thinking of changing is the texture for the cargo pods, what do u think, should I change it or not ?

http://solcommand.blogspot.com/2010/03/blackstar.html

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered

I like the way the whole ship turned out, but if you are going to change the pods. I would make them a little dark or change the blue stripe around them. You could also leave it as is, because it looks great.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Cheers

Just finished doing another ship this morning:

http://solcommand.blogspot.com/2010/03/saya.html

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

That Saya is a nice ship SolCommand. Would love to see that hanger in action in a live game. Seeing the ships coming and going from the bay would be great.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Cheers m8 ! It's always good to see my stuff serves a noble cause 😉

I'd LOVE some screens with them btw 😀

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 9