Clear all

War Runner

Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

warrunner2.jpg

warrunner1.jpg

I'm having trouble working on a motherdhip design, so i desided to work on something else. This is my first model that I UV mapped. It took awhile, and most likely I'm going to redo it again. So let me know what you think.

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Chebar

A nice model 🙂 , but if you don't mind me saying, Motherships are all about scale. They have to be big, in fact the biggest ships around. Your model (and I mean this in a nice way) looks more like a corvette class vessel. Try reducing the size and increasing the amount of, windows and engines. That should give you that sense of scale. Docking bays should also be clearly visible and the outer dock well lit, but hide the inner entrance (by putting in a corner inside the ship) to avoid fighter ships disappearing into walls upon docking. Always a failing with Homeworld I found. 😉

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

thanks for the tips, but this one isn't meant to be a mothership. I have 3 other models that I'm working on, but I just can't make them look epic enough. I made this ship just to take a break from my mothership designs. Hopefully I can get somewhere with my motherdhip soon.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Oh right Chebar 😳 Sorry. Why not post your Motherships and lets take a look at them? Basically they have to look "busy" as in lots of light sources, the engines struggling to move it's massive hull, a few large main guns with optional planet killer missile launchers and lots of anti fighter secondary guns dotted around the hull. This is the image that comes to mind when thinking about these large ships, at least if they are aimed at purely offensive actions. If you are looking toward more "utility" based operations (trade or mining) then the hull should have visible cargo bays, blisters or dedicated sections in the main hull for loading and off loading cargo. Hope you will post them though! 😉

ReplyQuote
Chebar
(@chebar)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I will post one or two soon, I've got one posted in a different topic. I think I called it sneak peak.

ReplyQuote