Clear all

Colonies online

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

As it says build you colonies online http://www.colonies-online.com/en/home

From the site.

Colonies is a multiplayer game in which all players are in the same game space and can communicate freely with each other. The game is set in the distant future. Human civilization has long conquered space and began to explore the distant worlds in search of resources necessary for life. Small research ships went to the other planets, but those planets are in no hurry to part with their treasures easily. The colonists will explore the dangerous worlds and will have to fight the monsters populating them. Huge territories and a virtually infinite number of planets, ensure that there is plenty of room, and endless crowds of monsters guarantee that things won’t be boring. However, players can hunt not only monsters, but also other players. Decide who your character will be a honest colonist or an outlaw killer ... or maybe a bounty hunter! Clear "non-target" system makes the hunt for monsters and players dynamic and interesting. And as a reward you will be able to improve the equipment of your character and his weapons, which will allow you to take on more complex and responsible tasks.

Video looks to be a bit blurred

You can also get early access to the game in one of two ways.

• Now in order to take part in the testing of the project, is necessary after registering on the site, wait for an invitation to test Colonies Online. Invitations are sent randomly selected users once in a while. You can also buy one of the sets of early access to the game and start playing immediately.

All accounts created prior to the 0.4 update will automatically have access to the game.

Fafhred
(@fafhred)
Petty Officer Registered

This game appears to be dead:

A few weeks ago I tried posting some bug reports; posting anything at all appeared impossible (systematic error message: 'Failed to create thread' for either attempting to create a new thread or reply to one).

An email sent at the time to their support email address (reporting this and existence to bugs to report) did not get any answer.

There does not seem to be any recent post here, and apparently no player left in the beta...

Trying again to post today on their forum, the same occured again.

- No in-game players any more for some time.

- Forum apparently locked from any posting, starting several months ago.

- Dead drop email support.

- No news since the beginning of 2016.

The fact that posting to their forum was locked suggest a deliberate action, rather than the team just somehow dropping off the Internet.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Have you tried contacting them through the Steam forums. http://store.steampowered.com/app/283100/

Moved thread here as it's an online game.

ReplyQuote
Fafhred
(@fafhred)
Petty Officer Registered

I don't use Steam, nor do I want to (I pretty much banned it for several reasons, and I am far from being the only one to have done so over the years).

Anyway, not answering their own support email address AND locking their forum pretty much clinches it; you can try contacting them through Steam if you want, I would not hold my breath for an answer.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

They had updates this year, but a lot of steam folks are complaining of a dead game with no people. Plus its been in early access for almost 2yrs.

Steam should really pull the plug if you are in early access for over 2 yrs for a game you pay for unless there is least so many updates in a year.

ReplyQuote