Notifications
Clear all

Fractured Space

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

As MV2000 posted in the shout box a few days ago Strike Suit Zero devs are making a new game http://fracturedspace.com/ only a few details so far on the site including some WIP pics.

Fractured Space is a team-based space combat game that puts you at the helm of a colossal capital ship. Each 5v5 match offers an intense cosmic skirmish, rife with deadly exchanges between craft, but underpinned by a grander strategy. Take advantage of your ship's unique abilities and weapons in order to exploit your enemy's weakness, take control of the map, and work together to execute eviscerate your opponent. Combining the best elements of competitive PvP action with the fiction and politics of popular science fiction, Fractured Space is at the forefront of a new frontier for the genre.

Space combat has reached a singularity.

JOIN A FLEET

With 5v5 matches, your skill in combat alone cannot secure victory. Sway the tide of battle with your decisions over the battle as a whole, and bring the enemy to their knees with your tactics as a team. Unity is strength.

BUILD YOUR ARMADA

Pick a manufacturer, choose a class and customise your weapon load-outs. Use Galactic Coin - the spoils of war - to purchase new ships and start populating your fleet. Customise your craft for a specific role in combat, and be the envy of your team when your interstellar juggernaut warps into battle.

REFINE YOUR STRATEGY

No team will go into battle with the same setup, giving you a unique set of choices and options in a given match. Know your ship, learn your environment and adapt your tactics accordingly.

JOIN OUR UNIVERSE

Become part of a huge alliance of captains. The discussion on strategy is endless; share your war stories, learn from others and become a part of the Fractured Space universe.

MV2000
(@mv2000)
Warrant Officer Registered

Due of the dev's incompetence at handling post-release/bugfixes on every single Strike Suit series, I think I'll pass on this one. (yes, despite I sorta enjoyed them, I'm still disappointed that they simply leave and not fixing the remaining bugs all over the place)

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I didn't find SSZ too buggy when I reviewed it and they did just release a more updated version of the game a while back. What issues did you run into? Well I did run into one issue but I think it was my system is that when there was a ton of action on the screen in one battle my machine slowed to a unplayable state. I have yet to return to the game after with my newer rig.

I just think it won't be as successful as SSZ because there is other multi-player only games that touch or do this and I think they are making a mistake leaving a single player element out of the game. I mean they could create another Nexus: TJI which I liked a lot and no one has really touched on since.

ReplyQuote
MV2000
(@mv2000)
Warrant Officer Registered

What issues did you run into?

I can't exactly remember all of them, but mostly performance issues and some features that never implemented ever since (shadows option in Director's Cut for example). And I remember that the GoG version of SSZ was almost completely neglected by the devs.

Seeing this will be a F2P, my even bigger concern is that the game will inevitably end up into another P2W.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Dev log 3.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Heading towards Steam early access according to this video from the team.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Dev log number 4.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Early access trailer for the game which I believe is now available on Steam.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Short tutorial video.

Anyone had a go at it.?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Video of the dev playing the game and answering questions.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Looks good so far and was actually suprised how fast they got this game into a playable state, from teh comments on steam it sounds like people are liking it. Not a huge fan of the MOBA games since I hate rebuilding or starting over from scratch all the time, I kinda like progression mechanics myself so it feels like my time in a game meant something besides just learning the game and tactics.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Another video, this time about objectives and game flow.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Dev Q&A no3.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Dev log 5.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Another Q&A the guys at Fractured space.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Sort vid of a new ship for the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Couple of more videos.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Second pod cast.

And another one showcasing another ship from the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

That didn't take long to go F2P

http://store.steampowered.com/news/22060/

My .02, MOBA and Multi_Player only games have a short shelf life and people are surprised 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like Edge Case Games has called time on the game as there are reports from some gaming sites that they going to cease any further devement of the game. https://mmohuts.com/news/edge-case-games-calls-time-development-fractured-space/ although they have said they will be keeping the servers online "for the foreseeable future".

ReplyQuote