Osiris: New Dawn
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie, Massively Multiplayer, RPG, Early Access
Developer: Fenix Fire Entertainment
Publisher: Reverb Triple XP
Release Date: 28 Sep, 2016
About This Game
â€œThe oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.â€ â€“ H.P. Lovecraft
The year is 2046 and mankindâ€™s discovery of near-lightspeed "fold engine" propulsion has empowered mankind's Osiris expeditionary missions to the Gliese 581 system. You are the second colonization team sent by the U.N.E. (United Nations of Earth) to study potential habitable planets when your spacecraft malfunctions braking from light speed, forcing an emergency landing on the planetâ€™s surface.
Overcome the dangers of an environment with unpredictable weather conditions by building a central base, expanding the structure further with modular units to grow food, create research centers, manufacturing bays and more. To further advance technologies and thrive on the planet, traverse into a world filled equally with breathtaking landscapes and alien terrors that will freeze your blood. Osiris is a beautiful game that uniquely combines inventive crafting, curious exploration, and skillful combat. Explore an alien system and colonize worlds of incredible wonders and unforgiving dangers.
- Multiplayer Colonization: Work together with online players to build a prospering colony and together defend against threatening alien species, survive environmental phenomenon including meteor showers, and attacks from other online player colonies.
- Survive, Craft, Research and Thrive: Gather resources and materials to adapt to the alien system, build modular structures to grow food and create manufacturing bays, research new technologies to upgrade gear and build new vehicles and droids, and explore the environment to discover new resources and secrets to expand and thrive in this brave alien world.
- Explore The Planet And Beyond: Learn what wonders and horrors lie on the alien planet and explore underground dungeons for unique potential discoveries. In time, build spacecraft to launch into space and travel to other planets in the solar system.
- Prepare for a Fight: Choose first or third person controls as you hunt intelligent alien species with predatory instincts. Equip a variety of weapons to ensure you are prepared for any situation.
Light-Year Visual Difference: Experience the high graphic quality typically only found in AAA games. Osiris: New Dawn offers high attention to texture detail and High Dynamic Range lighting creating a frightening gorgeous world. An advanced IK (inverse kinematics) system powers over 200 amazing fluid player movements and a diverse range of terrifying alien creature animations.
- OS: Windows 7 | 64-bit OS
- Processor: Intel i5
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: GTX 960 or equal
- Storage: 5 GB available space
I discovered this game casually while searching other games on steam, it looks very good. Very similar to No man's sky but i hope developers learned something from NMS mistakes.
Yeah, reviews are mostly positive, so, I reckon, it should be good. But since I'm an EA hater, I'll wait for a full release before trying it out myself 🙂