Notifications
Clear all

Perpetuum MMO

TranZen
(@tranzen)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Thought I would just mention a new 'EVE like' MMO, Perpetuum is currently in Open Beta and it's free to sign up.

Avatar Creations a Hungarian company are the developers, I'm really impressed, they are doing a great job! 🙂

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

What do you think of it so far Tranzen?

And from the screenshots I didn't see any in outerspace, is there any ship combat or only mechs?

ReplyQuote
Braindead
(@braindead)
Master Chief Registered

it's mech only, but the combat/mechanics is very EVE like.

I've been playing it since open BETA now and I must say I'm liking it so far.

Already pre-subbed and prolly gonna take a second account for ingame moneymaking.

I can recommend anyone that liked EVE gameplay to give the BETA a testdrive and see how you like it...

ReplyQuote
TranZen
(@tranzen)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I'm really enjoying it so far, like Braindead says it's mech only no outer space but if you're into EVE you'll very likely feel at home with Perpetuum (from what I've heard a few EVE players have signed up already). For a Beta it's really working well, top marks from me, highly recommended!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Read on their site that the whole game and players will be on one server. Is the game heavily instanced or do you see other players everywhere and PvP is open? And how have the servers been with the beta load thus far? The landscape views and the mechs look great I will try to download this game this weekend and give it a spin.

ReplyQuote
Braindead
(@braindead)
Master Chief Registered

this game is not instanced in any way. playerbase is currently quite low because of the little advertising done. (also the reason I'm trying to promote this game here...) In this forum post there is a link to some charts showing player activity.

I have not noticed any lag on my end but i have heard some people in the US talk about it in general chat. This might be because the servers are based in Hungary (Europe).

As for PvP: the game world is divided into islands. Beyond the 3 starter islands (1 for each of the factions) the islands are full PvP. This is a reason why getting into an active Corp (guild) is quite important...

ReplyQuote
Rith
 Rith
(@rith)
Senior Chief Registered

I hadn't noticed it was out of closed beta. I just registered and downloading client now...

Edit: Just uninstalled it. I might try it again after Beta, but I'm currently unimpressed.

ReplyQuote
Blackthorne
(@blackthorne)
Petty Officer Registered

Aero wrote:
Is this game similar to Anarchy Online? Or more like WoW with laser weapons? Or Matrix Online?

It's EVE, with mechs on planets replacing the ships in space. The games are incredibly similar from the interface and the basic game mechanics.

ReplyQuote
cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered

trial/subscription

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Anyone playing this still and how is the game and do you think it will be around in a year? 🙂

ReplyQuote
TranZen
(@tranzen)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I enjoyed playing during the beta development while it was free to play, not played since. I guess long term success depends on having enough players, time will tell..

I'm now looking forward to the release of Earthrise, ok it's not ships in space but it will be a free to play MMO 🙂

It's been said plenty of times before, if only there was a F2p space MMO like Eve Online, then I and many others would be playing, free with microtransactions rather than subscription based.. anything like that on the horizon??

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Besides Black Prophecy, which cannot be compared to EVE Online there is nothing that I know of. Which is a shame and maybe, just maybe CCP will take EVE Online free one day and I bet they would do better if they did. Or maybe they just like keeping that hardcore fan base without the influence of real newbs to the game.

ReplyQuote