Notifications
Clear all

So... Space Engineers The Game

Locke
(@locke)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Yes, I bought it, downloaded it and played it for like 2 hours last night. It's available on Steam for 20 bucks.

The graphics are not horrible, and actually look pretty good. It has crumple physics, so when you wreck into things they will crumple up or get destroyed. The Gravity needs some work. If you turn your jet pack off, you'll fall down? up? - You fall - in space.

It's pretty much Minecraft in space with better graphics and it doesn't require Java.

Find out more at: www.spaceengineersgame.com

LightMonk
(@lightmonk)
Crewman Registered

Yes, I bought it, downloaded it and played it for like 2 hours last night. It's available on Steam for 20 bucks.

The graphics are not horrible, and actually look pretty good. It has crumple physics, so when you wreck into things they will crumple up or get destroyed. The Gravity needs some work. If you turn your jet pack off, you'll fall down? up? - You fall - in space.

It's pretty much Minecraft in space with better graphics and it doesn't require Java.

Find out more at: www.spaceengineersgame.com

maybe you should not be near a Gravitation Field Generator if you want to float in space.

You also can (important for Surival) shutoff the flyByWire system to keep your speed to safe fuel after accelerating and activate it again to deccelerate.

ReplyQuote
Locke
(@locke)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

maybe you should not be near a Gravitation Field Generator if you want to float in space.

You also can (important for Surival) shutoff the flyByWire system to keep your speed to safe fuel after accelerating and activate it again to deccelerate.

I was not near a gravity field generator.... If you're anywhere in space (outside of a craft) and turn your jet pack off, you fall.

ReplyQuote
LightMonk
(@lightmonk)
Crewman Registered

I was not near a gravity field generator.... If you're anywhere in space (outside of a craft) and turn your jet pack off, you fall.

then fly a bit further away -.-

I have the game, just tested it for you for the case you say the truth, I just get a weird new floating animation...

ReplyQuote
ZombLee
(@zomblee)
Crewman Registered

I currently just signed up with the forums here in hopes of finding a group for a virtual mining company in Space Engineers....I think that's a bit weird so let me do my best to explain... basically it's much like anyone who's ever been into flight simulation, they find virtual airlines, which is basically a group that focuses on the realistic operation and maintenance of an airline (including earnings and expenses on a company and employee level), using a flight simulator program.

The other day while playing Space Engineers I began to think the same way, but for a virtual space mining company. I wondered if anyone had done such a thing yet, or if it's even been thought about. Imagine running a mining company...you'd have expenses for equipment, supplies, and employee salary, but you'd also make earnings through the different types of ores you've managed to find and extract from the different asteroids.

So does anyone know of any groups or anything that may be into something like this, or am I just completely weird in the hopes of finding a "virtual mining company". I know I'm weird...but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks in advance guys.  

ReplyQuote
Locke
(@locke)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

then fly a bit further away -.-

I have the game, just tested it for you for the case you say the truth, I just get a weird new floating animation...

Hmm, I wonder if mine may have a bug or something then. 

To ZombLee - I haven't thought of having a virtual mining company yet. But, If you're looking for someone to play the game with, I'll see about inviting you to join us during our play time. Send me a PM with your steam name/id and I'll send you a invite to our group.

ReplyQuote
ZombLee
(@zomblee)
Crewman Registered

Hmm, I wonder if mine may have a bug or something then. 

To ZombLee - I haven't thought of having a virtual mining company yet. But, If you're looking for someone to play the game with, I'll see about inviting you to join us during our play time. Send me a PM with your steam name/id and I'll send you a invite to our group.

Thanks, Locke. I appreciate it. 

The whole virtual company aspect would be pretty much just numbers keeping, with a bit of in-game light RP involved. Most of the basics are there for it, since Uranium powers pretty much everything in-game, so having a mining ship at start would cost money, or one could be built over time for whatever resources could be harvested, however, those same resources couldn't be "sold"...so are you saving money?...Operating a drill mining ship would cost not only in the uranium it would consume, but also in employing a pilot, so are you saving money by the slower more tedious hand drilling... yadda yadda yadda. There's also a mod that introduces food into the game (sadly, not useable yet, as far as I know,) but the costs of having meals delivered to workers could be accounted for, so there's some potential in the aspects of running a virtual company.

In creative mode before I switched it over to survival mode, I made a very rusted, and used looking basic mining outpost, so the possibilities are there for giving your "company" a starting budget. Do you purchase a beat up old mining outpost as a base for a very large fee, or do you build one from scratch and possibly save some money? Lots of variables.

I don't know if a lot of people are even interested in what I have in mind for that. Probably quite boring, but I've always been a simulator fan, even the really boring ones, lol.

I'll send a PM your way. Thanks again, Locke.  

ReplyQuote