Notifications
Clear all

Star Conflict

Page 1 / 3

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

New Mmo so I won’t be playing it which is shame because it looks the part.

No release date as yet.

web site

http://www.star-conflict.com/en/

Quote:
Star Conflict, a dynamic new MMO action game that puts you at the helm of a space ship to fight in the star fleet’s massive battles!

Three thousand years have passed since the first colonists left Earth. Now the galaxy is divided between the militant star empires and independent mercenary groups. In a remote corner of the galaxy — Sector 1337, the area of the dead — a world has been left behind. Here, the ruins of a great civilization of Precursors have recently been discovered. Huge factories and sprawling cities are falling into decay. Fragments of ships lie on the fields where massive battles were once fought. But there is not a living soul. Everything has been destroyed by a mysterious Cataclysm — a pulsing anomaly that burned out all life within this sector.

This doesn’t stop mankind, the new «owner» of the Universe. Mercenaries and adventurers have flocked to the sector to sift through the ruins and loot its abandoned artifacts, without consideration of the danger. Many have disappeared — including members of well-armed expeditions — but those who have managed to return have uncovered unprecedented riches. So looters continue to come here, to find the Precursors’ lost treasures — and to fight for them.

With the galaxy on the brink of war and the Precursors’ legacy at stake, elite pilots will be in high demand. Join them in Star Conflict, where a new era of space action awaits!

starconflict_02.jpg

starconflict_06.jpg

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Looking good so far. I tried finding some info on the game and it is very sparse so many near the end of the year we will know more.

Added this to the MMO game list.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Think it’s a Ruski game, if it is them it probably means lots of bugs but a more interesting game than the usual run of the mill stuff.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Yeah that would make sense since the publisher seems to be Russian as well: http://www.gaijin.ru/en/news/

I'm surprised Star Conflict isn't on their site yet, least in the upcoming section.

ReplyQuote
DarthStallker
(@darthstallker)
Petty Officer Registered

Hi everybody!

Im represent the developers of this young game. If you intrested in, we can talk about it here.

At first - http://forum.gaijinent.com/index.php?/t ... evelopers/ - here you can find litle bit more info about.

And feel free to ask me about SC - i'll try to answer at any questions.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi DarthStallker

Welcome to the SSC 🙂 It's always nice to see game devs on here. I do like the back story your game has. Nothing like a bit of mystery to set the scene for the game. 😎

I will start off with a few questions.

1:Are the ships upgradable?

2: Can you land on the planets?

3: If the answer to 2 is yes, can you interact with your environment and get out of your ship and explore?

4: Is there any trading done within the game to make money or is it solely mission based?

5: What flight model does the game use? Is it Newtonian?

6: When do you expect to have a beta release and will it be open? If so, I am sure a few folk on here would like to try it out.

Thats enough questions for now, thanks for dropping by DarthStallker and I hope you will keep us updated on your games progress and good luck with it! 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarthStallker
(@darthstallker)
Petty Officer Registered

Geraldine wrote:
Welcome to the SSC

Thanx. 😎

Geraldine wrote:
It's always nice to see game devs on here. I do like the back story your game has. Nothing like a bit of mystery to set the scene for the game.

Don't worry - all the main mystery is ahead.

Geraldine wrote:
1:Are the ships upgradable?

Yes. The main thing about the ship and the win - is how its upgraded.

Geraldine wrote:
2: Can you land on the planets?

Right now - no. But we are still thinking about it.

Geraldine wrote:
4: Is there any trading done within the game to make money or is it solely mission based?

Right now - no. But we are still thinking about it.

Geraldine wrote:
5: What flight model does the game use? Is it Newtonian?

Yes.

But its will be not like to manage the real space craft in real life - if you mean that.

We trying to make the control of the ship maximum friendly for player - to concentrate him at the battle and tactical opportunities, but not at the hard control.

Geraldine wrote:
6: When do you expect to have a beta release and will it be open? If so, I am sure a few folk on here would like to try it out.

Can`t tell you about the release right now. But we planed CBT and OBT till the end of this year.

Geraldine wrote:
Thats enough questions for now, thanks for dropping by DarthStallker and I hope you will keep us updated on your games progress and good luck with it!

Not enough for me! More! 😈

In any way, thanx for your interest and good luck too!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Hello DarthStallker and welcome to forum.

Couple of quick question for you.

Really like the look of game have you posted any vids of it yet. ❓

Will you be doing any walking on stations or other ship at some stage. ❓

ReplyQuote
DarthStallker
(@darthstallker)
Petty Officer Registered

PINBACK wrote:
Hello DarthStallker and welcome to forum.

Thanx Pinback

PINBACK wrote:
Really like the look of game have you posted any vids of it yet.

Not yet - tommorow i'll show first teaser of the game.

PINBACK wrote:
Will you be doing any walking on stations or other ship at some stage.

Nope.

But you'll have own hangar with many of your own ships.

ReplyQuote
DarthStallker
(@darthstallker)
Petty Officer Registered

As i promised:

Feedback - welcome!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Excellent Darth Stallker, love the look of the game seems to have a really good feeling of 3D space. 😎

Will any of these asteroids be moving around or are they static.

Real shame there’s no single player game.

As you are a non English speaking developer, what kind of translation will you be doing for the game.

There have been some disaster with games and their English translations in the past.

Tomorrow War being the best example of how "NOT" to do it.

ReplyQuote
DarthStallker
(@darthstallker)
Petty Officer Registered

PINBACK wrote:
Excellent Darth Stallker, love the look of the game seems to have a really good feeling of 3D space.

Thanx. Glad to hear that.

Soon will be available full trailer.

PINBACK wrote:
Will any of these asteroids be moving around or are they static.

They moves, but very slowly (too big for fast muving) and pilots can hide around the asteroids and caves in it.

PINBACK wrote:
As you are a non English speaking developer, what kind of translation will you be doing for the game.

Usually we use services of professional localisation companies.

Quality of the translation you can estimate at http://star-conflict.com/en/ in future, when we will fill the info for game wiki.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Thanks for popping in to discuss your upcoming game DarthStalker.

I was glancing at your FAQ and have some questions on how the player is going to advance in the game. One of the FAQ questions touched on will there be PvE and the answer was no. And the PvP is lobby based. So a player will only be able to gain rank/experience through PvP combat (like in World of Tanks) correct?

Reason I ask is that for the most part EVE Online and Vendetta Online are really the only MMO games out there that give you a bit more than a space combat experience and have been successful and running for years. Depending on the success of Star Conflict could there be a open world concept added in the future or least the ability to free roam between instanced zones?

Star Conflict is going to be F2P, will there be an item shop or some sort of way for you to make money so the servers stay online? If so what type of things will be offered to the players (ie: timed enhancements, xp boosting, etc...). And will there be multiple server sites maybe one in europe or usa?

That trailer is looking great and cannot wait to see a more in-depth one on the gameplay and features that will be coming.

Give you a custom rank and hope we can help give any feedback on Star Conflict to make it great and if open to it maybe a Q&A on the game itself.

ReplyQuote
DarthStallker
(@darthstallker)
Petty Officer Registered

DarkOne wrote:
Thanks for popping in to discuss your upcoming game DarthStalker.

Oh, I did it with pleasure.

DarkOne wrote:
I was glancing at your FAQ and have some questions on how the player is going to advance in the game. One of the FAQ questions touched on will there be PvE and the answer was no. And the PvP is lobby based. So a player will only be able to gain rank/experience through PvP combat (like in World of Tanks) correct?

At very start - yes.

After - if we'll see the interest of the players, we'll add new elements of the gameplay. Including PvE and another things, such as trading.

DarkOne wrote:
Depending on the success of Star Conflict could there be a open world concept added in the future or least the ability to free roam between instanced zones?

Definitely yes. As i said - We'll upgrade SC according to gamers opinions. But when and how - right now i cant say.

DarkOne wrote:
Star Conflict is going to be F2P, will there be an item shop or some sort of way for you to make money so the servers stay online?

Sure.

DarkOne wrote:
If so what type of things will be offered to the players (ie: timed enhancements, xp boosting, etc...).

Assortment is under developing right now.

You'll see it in your time.

DarkOne wrote:
And will there be multiple server sites maybe one in europe or usa?

Sure.

DarkOne wrote:
That trailer is looking great and cannot wait to see a more in-depth one on the gameplay and features that will be coming.

At next week we'll have big game expo in Russia - Igromir. After this event will be more info avaliable.

DarkOne wrote:
Give you a custom rank and hope we can help give any feedback on Star Conflict to make it great and if open to it maybe a Q&A on the game itself.

Thank you DarkOne, I appreciate that.

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

dose look VERY nice, have to wait and see how it plays anyway with all these game coming out soon, very little time to play nothing new 🙄

ReplyQuote
DarthStallker
(@darthstallker)
Petty Officer Registered

And here come some more answers from the Star Conflict developers.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Decent Q&A there DarthStalker. I'm surprised the ranking system for players and clans were not discussed? Since this a battle/PvP style game what will be implemented for leaderboards to rank players and clans? And if there isn't any of this will clans gain power/favor in the sectors that they could control via PvP matches?

Currently there is a few games in development (Naumchia: Space Warfare and Combat Simulation System) that have similar play styles and features. Is there something that sticks out as unique to Star Conflict?

ReplyQuote
DarthStallker
(@darthstallker)
Petty Officer Registered

DarkOne wrote:
Decent Q&A there DarthStalker.

Its not over yet. Stand by.

DarkOne wrote:
I'm surprised the ranking system for players and clans were not discussed? Since this a battle/PvP style game what will be implemented for leaderboards to rank players and clans? And if there isn't any of this will clans gain power/favor in the sectors that they could control via PvP matches?

Sure - there will be clan system and special clan functional and (the main thing, in my opinion) clan ships and clan gameplay modes.

In right time we will tell more about it.

DarkOne wrote:
Currently there is a few games in development (Naumchia: Space Warfare and Combat Simulation System) that have similar play styles and features. Is there something that sticks out as unique to Star Conflict?

Yes, i see some common features. But i cant to compare it directly.

Star Conflict is product of the gamedev veterans and i think it is another level of quality and size of the project.

ReplyQuote
DarthStallker
(@darthstallker)
Petty Officer Registered

Just today we have add new screenshots and opened the new website

Wellcome!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Nice new site for Star Conflict. I need to learn how to make a nice theme like that.

I really enjoyed these shots:

j.jpg

i.jpg

a.jpg

t.jpg

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks great but as I said before I much rather have a single player game over any online game.

ReplyQuote
DarthStallker
(@darthstallker)
Petty Officer Registered

Exclusively for you I'll just be reposting some interesting information that appears on the game's official websit, since we are going to update in regularly.

What do we have today?

Interview with Producer - Goha.ru Exclusive from Igromir-2011

New subsection in MEDIA that is featuring ARTWORK of our talented designers and artists. More of these are coming...

And i put some pic here 8):

Tiger.jpg

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Nice interview and I liked the answers on the ship customization and the modules players can use. Can't wait to see what options there will be in terms of sub-systems and ships.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

That’s some great artwork DarthStallker. 😎

Make me wish that I had better Broadband.

ReplyQuote
DarthStallker
(@darthstallker)
Petty Officer Registered

Here some new screenshots

[hsimg] [/hsimg] [hsimg] [/hsimg]

[hsimg] [/hsimg] [hsimg] [/hsimg]

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3