Notifications
Clear all

Universe of Nothing (UNION Spaceship Command)

WiredMark
(@wiredmark)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hey all,

A long while back I was posting here about my game UNION Cooperative Spaceship Simulator. Unfortunately I ended up having to put that project on hold, mostly due to family and work commitments.

Then, just over two months back, I completely restarted the project again as UNION Spaceship Command. Not only had I more free time to work on the game and a team to help with it, but my programming skills have also come a long way since starting the original UNION project.

Although we rebuilt the project the ground up, it was not a complete reset. I've been able to use assets and some of the code from the original project. The new code though is a lot more flexible and it has allowed me to progress at an accelerated rate. 

UNION Spaceship Command is a spaceship bridge simulator, inspired by Artemis but with the goal of creating a deeper, richer, experience.

Here are the latest screenshots from UNION:

cymtewh.png

MH4sfwf.png

49EdPqW.png

If you would like to read more about UNION you can do so on our IndieDB or Greenlight page.

I would love to hear any feedback that you might have.

Thanks,

Mark

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Good to see you are still working on it. looks a bit different from last time.

ReplyQuote
WiredMark
(@wiredmark)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks. 🙂

Yeah making great progress now, and Greenlight is going very well too.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

From steam....

We are making good progress, our efforts are currently focused on the UIs. They are very labour/time intensive, so it will be a while before we have anything to show there.

Our plan is to have a fully playable alpha by Christmas. That will be released to our closed alpha group for bug and experience testing.

Also posted on the greenlit page is that it will be out near Q2 of 2016.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Game is still in active development and looks like it went through a name change as well http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/472342843/1466601542

It's now called 'Universe or Nothing'

ReplyQuote
WiredMark
(@wiredmark)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks DarkOne.

Yeah I have been working away on the game in my spare time. I didn't want to drip feed information and so decided to hold off any major posts until I had something more substantial to show.

I posted a blog entry today called "What is Universe or Nothing?" which describes a little of the game, shows the full Tactical Ops and Engineering UIs, and talks a bit about where development is. You can read that blog post on my website here: http://universeornothing.com/universe-or-nothing-news/what-is-universe-or-nothing/

Mark

ReplyQuote