Notifications
Clear all

Space Force: Rogue Universe have you played it?

Page 2 / 2

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks for this info ZeroG!

I like SpaceForce myself and play it a lot actually because I like the visuals and the combat is decent. Yeah the story is iffy. If the devs would have just supported the game a little it would have helped keep the community engaged.

ZeroG you have any of your notes documented on what you can and cannot mod in SFRU? It would be nice to start a thread in this area or even a knowledge base article so that knowledge isn't lost 🙂

But if you have a blog post a link or make a new post so we can read about your efforts. Because there are some fans of the game left.

ReplyQuote
ZeroGScott
(@zerogscott)
Petty Officer Registered

Hey Darkone!

Yes I am keeping notes on what the different files and variables do so I don't forget. Theres still quite a bit I don't know that I'm trying to get a knowledge of so I can better understand what ranges are available and hopefully rebalance ship stats, etc in a more meaningful way. I do plan to make a post on the Spaceforce mod forums and here when I have the mod prepped enough where its cohesive, its just a pile of bits and bolts right now. I'm always aprehesive on posting right away because I know sometimes ideas fizzle and the mod dies so I hate making big expecations early and then having a letdown when it doesn't come to fruitation. I'm approaching this a little diffferently though, I'm just finding out what can be done and changing whats there instead of trying to make it something its not. A good example is the items list. I wanted to rearrange the items you buy in a station so the handy mining tools and nanobots and guns and missles appeared at the top. Early on I thought I had it working, but it turns out that some items like guns and upgrades are dependant internally on their position on the items list, even though they can be changed externally with the file. So after much grinding of teeth I had to put them back, but I think the mining tools, nanobots and 3 other ship equipment aren't dependant on position so they work fine at the top of the list. Naturally if I had announced too early I would have taken a hit after I had discovered the truth. So I'm trying to work my way through that process before I announce much of anything. Theres enough done though that I know I will have something to show for it and I think for the better of the game.

And yeah, hopefully this will get a few people out of hiding who like the game still and want to play along with help people enjoy the experience better. At some point I expect to share what I've learned as well. I will definatly post that stuff even if I stopped, so others who wanted to could continue.

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

One thing which I found really annoying was having to constantly fix the hull deterioration.

Are Provox games still around. ❓

ReplyQuote
ZeroGScott
(@zerogscott)
Petty Officer Registered

In the GlobalData.cfg file theres a value called:

fDurabilityCost: 0.05

You could always just set it to 0.

Also, any shipstat .sfd file has a value called:

Durability: 0.0 1.0 0.7

Just adjust the first number to 4.0 or something higher then 1.0 which is its default value, and I believe that will increase the amount of durability damage it can take. I haven't tested this though so I'm presuming some.

For the most part Spaceforce is still available to buy if thats what you mean by still around, and theres still a few people who like it. 🙂

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

ZeroGScott wrote:
In the GlobalData.cfg file theres a value called:

fDurabilityCost: 0.05

You could always just set it to 0.

Also, any shipstat .sfd file has a value called:

Durability: 0.0 1.0 0.7

Just adjust the first number to 4.0 or something higher then 1.0 which is its default value, and I believe that will increase the amount of durability damage it can take. I haven't tested this though so I'm presuming some.

Cheers ZeroGScott.I will have to dig the game out and try that.

ZeroGScott wrote:

For the most part Spaceforce is still available to buy if thats what you mean by still around, and theres still a few people who like it. 🙂

Cheers!

No I was just wondering if the developers were still going as a company.

ReplyQuote
ZeroGScott
(@zerogscott)
Petty Officer Registered

Unfortunatly no, the devs are long gone. I'm suprised their site and forums are still up even considering how much of a ghost town it is.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
ZeroGScott wrote:
Unfortunatly no, the devs are long gone. I'm suprised their site and forums are still up even considering how much of a ghost town it is.

Agreed. I have posts that I have posted in 2009 still have no responses 🙂 It is a shame because you do see people going to the site asking for help. I want to tell them all to just come here. But Provox Games is alive and kicking though this is there next project http://www.provox.hr/games/ . It seems like Provox Games is trying there hands at something else other than scifi/space themed games an fantasy RPG.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Have the space force forums gone down as I have trying to access them for about a week now with no luck ❓

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Shame that the game forums went down, same thing happened to Darkstar One fourms. I would gladly host a forum for these games and they could just send a email to all registered users to come here 🙂 But what happens is that any modding info is now gone that was in the forums and questing help. That info we cannot get back and would be a good to save somewhere... just a shame more companies don't think about archiving or least letting other websites host there data.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Just noticed that the space force forums are back up.

Been looking at the game again forgotten just how Luminous those background are in this game, anyone know of a way to turn them down a bit. ❓

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I would have to look at the files, but I believe it is a setting you can change in the config files for the game. I just don't have it installed to give you more feedback on. I have always liked Space Force Rogue Universe look, I like the lighting effects.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Just realised that there are options for graphic ect but they have to done before you start the game as there no way to change them from inside the game. 🙄

Been so long since I played this I think I will have to start again might even try using the joystick with it.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2