Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Alliance Space Guard (a 3D spacesim with orbits and ship avionics!)

Page 6 / 6

D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Warships can turn off their transponder for sure. The player's frigate has 3 modes:
- Off,
- Alliance Identification System = with military encryption but accepted only in Alliance space,
- Galactic Navigation Organization = the standard valid everywhere,
plus a "Fire Solution Denial System" sub-mode that adds noise to the broadcasted vectors to "be polite but not stupid" during diplomatic missions for instance 🙂
I would expect actual navies to have a whole range of "non verbal messages" to communicate their state of mind to one another. So for instance in the game beam-forming one's beacon to send it with a lot of directed power could be quite meaningful, an IFF ping would be the next level of warning, and "taking a friendly range measurement with the main laser" the last step on that scale... So I don't know if that will materialize into actual gameplay but I'd really like to make use of this if I can. I think that could be much more fun than only have the option to poke holes through the target!

About traveling times, without the jump capability the ships in the game are just very efficient rockets, so maybe one order of magnitude faster than what we have IRL. That would still keep interplanetary trips in the multiple months / years range, and other stellar systems definitely out of reach (hundreds of thousands of years away).

And yes my mental health may have taken a few dents on that one, I even started to learn Korean! 🙃 안녕하세요 !

Hello captain @cody!

Cody liked
ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @d-c-elington

plus a "Fire Solution Denial System" sub-mode that adds noise to the broadcasted vectors to "be polite but not stupid" during diplomatic missions for instance

Like it!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

Good to see you back DC, look forward to seeing some more updates about the game.

ReplyQuote
kabouik
(@kabouik)
Crewman Registered

Eagerly looking forward to hearing more about this simulator, and then sink all my free time in it when it's available. I'm a Linux player so whenever a first build is available to the public, I'll also immediately test it under Wine/Proton.

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Topic starter  

Hello SSC,

Here's the latest update about the NPCs. Nothing really new except that after a loooong fight with galactic bugs they are now really operational. That is as previously discussed they are fully persistent and continue with their operations even when outside of the player's range.

The next planned round of features is the completion of the ship's civilian systems before starting to implement the gamification layer (missions and career).

Heading back to the docks! 👨‍🔧🙂

This post was modified 2 months ago by D.C.Elington

aki, Cody, Pinback and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

Nice one DC. 😎 

As a suggestion would it not be better to have the arriving and departing triangle  a different colour or shape, so the player could tell at a glance what the ships were doing.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

<looks up> Hey DC - cool!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @pinback

Nice one DC. 😎 

As a suggestion would it not be better to have the arriving and departing triangle  a different colour or shape, so the player could tell at a glance what the ships were doing.

Hi Pinback 🙂 These symbols are temporary and correspond to a dev mode cheat with no fog of war actually. Eventually these should be replaced by tactical markers only relaying the effectively available information (either from the ship's sensors or from external data feeds).
Also interpreting the current activity & threat level of the different contacts will certainly be left to the player: in fact I'm expecting that this identification and classification work should be a very important part of the gameplay!

(... and the starting location will have to be less busy to avoid overloading new players!!)

Hello captain @Cody! 👋:)

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by D.C.Elington

Pinback liked
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6