Notifications
Clear all

Blockade Runner

Viken
(@viken)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

I thought I'd go ahead and just drop this in here after a quick forum search didn't bring up anything on it.

Blockade Runner is an Indie game being devloped by ZanMgt, a team of six siblings who've turned their collective love of gaming and their wonder of space exploration into a game that may well be the first of its kind. Using a hand-crafted 'Poxel' engine, it combines the best of voxel gaming (Infiminer, MineCraft) with the tradtional polygon system, to create a game that's all about that one thing we as gamers love: Complete and Utter Customization.

Quote:
What is Blockade Runner?

Inspired by Infiniminer and Minecraft’s voxel engine, Blockade Runner is the beginning of a Multiplayer First Person Adventure Space Sim that will feature fully destructible, operational, crewable 'living' starships in a massive and procedurally generated galaxy.

Blockade Runner is in early developement, but is open to play, based on a two-week update scedual that introducing ever-increasing features and revisions to the formula. At the end of the yearly developement scedual, the game is set to be released as its own package (Release 1), with each subsequent release (Release 2, 3, ect...) being released as their own stand-alone games, like modern expansions. With the current developement of Release 1, the focus is upon the space ships, humanoid configuration, and the various systems needed to support life in space.

Release 2 and the following will add in things like Planets, which you'll be free to land upon, explore, exploit, and even destroy. If this is something any of you guys will be interested in, I'll provide the links for your enjoyment. Feel free to check out the FAQ or the Showcase for an example of our 'early' ship designs.

http://www.zanmgt.com/Projects/BlockadeRunner.aspx - Main Website

http://www.zanmgt.com/forums.aspx - Forum

NOTE: The Week 22 release should be out sometime today (Monday, 9/12/11), and the Lite (free) version of the game will be updated to the current full release to keep everyone on track with the new features. Also, the ZanMgt guys are looking into setting up a more modern forum, as the current one is a bit lacking in features and editing abilities.

The forums have been officially changed. They're still in the process of being set up, but the old one will be discontinued shortly. Anyone who has joined the forum will have to re-register, and if you've taken part in any existing threads, they will not be carried over. There isn't any way to port the existing threads to the new forum base, so sorry guys.

Here's the link to the NEW forum: http://forums.blockaderunnergame.com/index.php

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Viken wrote:
I thought I'd go ahead and just drop this in here after a quick forum search didn't bring up anything on it.

Thanks for the heads up on this Viken. Blockade Runner has been discussed here: http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/viewto ... =69&t=2238

Nice to know it is progressing towards Release 2. I have soooo many games to try and too little time. What is your experiences with the game so far?

ReplyQuote
Viken
(@viken)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hm, I searched through the forum using the SEARCH feature, as is proper. I never did find another BR thread until you pointed it out. Then again, this forum confuses me anyway. Find links to other threads that have been removed and 404 errors. Eh. THat's life for ya, I guess.

In cany case, Release 2 is simply the 'year' 2 developement scedual. We're still on R1W22 (Release 1, Week 22). The devs decided to go ahead and add more into this update; so while its not coding-intensive, its proven a bit time consuming, so they pushed it back either to today or tomorrow for the update release. No big deal, there. Too bad they won't say exactly what's in the update. They always keep so quiet about that. 😈

ReplyQuote