Notifications
Clear all

Darkstar One

Shingen
(@shingen)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I just got this game for cheap. I found it in a Wally World recycle bin for $9.99. I don't usually go to Wally World because I'd rather patron local and independent businesses, but none of the local game shops had this game, and my girl goes there to shop for some ungodly reason.

Needless to say, I installed this game without too much trouble. I still use WinXP, because Vista and Win7 are not my cup of tea.

Many people have said that this game is like Freelancer. I disagree. I think it's more like Tachyon: The Fridge. I didn't like Freelancer at all. The first time through was ok, but after that it was complete boredom.

Granted, Darkstar One is geared to the newbie spacesim crowd, as there in no Newtonian physics!! Any "spacesim" that DOES NOT have Newtonian physic, IMHO is NOT a true space sim.

However, the trade model in this game was easy enough, the combat was arcadish but doable, and the Story was pretty verbose.

What I liked about the game was the universe, too bad it didn't have any mod support.

It was still worth the $9.99. It took me about a week to finish the main story line.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

There was mods made for the game though, I was able to grab most if not all from their forums before they closed down. So checkout the download area for DSO. I personally would like to see that remake that happened for the xbox360 happen for the pc to get some better visuals and maybe fix a few issues with the game itself.

ReplyQuote