Notifications
Clear all

Drifter for PC/Mac and Linux

Page 3 / 6

Anonymous

Just noticed that Drifter 0.4 was released about a month ago.

Indeed! We're trying to get 0.5.0 out now soon 🙂

ReplyQuote
Cruisin1500
(@cruisin1500)
Master Chief Registered

i thought this was done long ago? What happened?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Indeed! We're trying to get 0.5.0 out now soon 🙂

Nice will have to keep an eye out for it, any news on when the game will be available through Steam?.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

i thought this was done long ago? What happened?

The game has been playable for ages but it's just taking longer than expected to get it to where I'd like to be to call it 1.0. Various delays here and there along with it taking 6 annoying months to get through Greenlight have taken a bit of a toll. That said we're still working hard at it and things are moving forward fairly well regardless 🙂

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Nice will have to keep an eye out for it, any news on when the game will be available through Steam?.

As soon as 0.5.0 is out it should be on Steam Early Access and available for everyone that Kickstarted and pre-ordered around the same time.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

How will the updates be handled on Steam ie will be patches or a full download as it is now?.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

How will the updates be handled on Steam ie will be patches or a full download as it is now?.

I'm hoping I'll be able to take advantage of Steam's incremental update system so it's not always a huge download every time.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

OH HEY 2014 what is up.

Colin wrote a great post on the last year and the year ahead. Spoilers : really cool news in this post, goooo read it. 

http://www.celsiusgs.com/blog/2014/01/briefly-looking-back-before-charging-forward/

I have been working hard on the interiors for the next release, 

ibr1ZIIGqubIve.png

Don't forget you can follow Colin's or my own twitter for news updates images and info as they happen, and also Vine has a lot of cool things to see :

https://vine.co/celsiusgs

Check these out from end of last year: 

https://vine.co/v/h0wX3pF0d7L
https://vine.co/v/hQjOJ7J3wzV
https://vine.co/v/hQnjwAPdYnW

2014 here we goooo ~flail~

ReplyQuote
Cruisin1500
(@cruisin1500)
Master Chief Registered

possible to get capital ships or at least a 'corvette' type ship with crew in it? I'd buy it for sure if so! I can't get into 'fighter' only games anymore.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

possible to get capital ships or at least a 'corvette' type ship with crew in it? I'd buy it for sure if so! I can't get into 'fighter' only games anymore.

The ships in Drifter do get pretty large:

However they are all directly controlled and there is no crew dynamic to speak of, at least at the moment. That said the game does range from small fighter type ships to larger and more ponderous cargo vessels but it's possible that's not really too far from the "fighter" dynamic you're looking to move away from.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Congrats on getting the game onto the Playstation network.

looking forward to seeing the station interiors. 😎

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is or will be a demo for the game?

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is or will be a demo for the game?

Cheers!

There currently is no demo, no. I'm not so sure if it'll be easy to create one but it's not a decision I'm going to make until the game is done.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

igpYbQ9P32Jg6.png

Mission office may look a bit like this

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I really need to keep checking for updates. Drifter is just so relaxing to play and I don't mean that in a bad way, it has just the right amount of pace in a similar way the Elite 2 did.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

If you have the newer versions, it will notify you when there is a download update available for the game 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I don't think I have ever had a notification of a new version from Humble inless their an option that I have missed.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I don't think I have ever had a notification of a new version from Humble inless their an option that I have missed.

It's a new option as of 0.4.0, built into the client. It just lets you know if there's a new version available when you start up.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

New update to Drifter, just happened to look at Humble 0.4.3 is their a change log some where?.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

New update to Drifter, just happened to look at Humble 0.4.3 is their a change log some where?.

Yup! http://celsiusgs.com/drifter/wiki/Current_Build_and_Known_Bugs

We're also very close to getting the game up on Steam Early Access! Not 100% sure of the release date yet but probably within the next 2 weeks. Of course everyone that's gotten the game through Kickstarter and Humble will be getting Steam keys 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Colin, although I use Steam myself, I know some folk who don't, so will the game still be updated for Kickstarter backers & Humble Bundle purchasers or is the switch over to Steam compulsory to keep the game updated?

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Hi Colin, although I use Steam myself, I know some folk who don't, so will the game still be updated for Kickstarter backers & Humble Bundle purchasers or is the switch over to Steam compulsory to keep the game updated?

It'll be kept up to date on Humble as well, the Steam key is just a nice bonus for people who get it there 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I have a love/hate relationship with Steam but having said that I have found it to be very useful for keeping indie games upto date.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I have a love/hate relationship with Steam but having said that I have found it to be very useful for keeping indie games upto date.

Yeah I hear ya. Unfortunately it's almost a necessity these days if you're actually selling games on PC because there are so many people out there that only get their games through Steam.

ReplyQuote
Cruisin1500
(@cruisin1500)
Master Chief Registered

csgColin you hear a voice from the darkness it says... 'capital ships'...

you must comply!

🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 6