Notifications
Clear all

EA Alpha Centauri

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

I see it been reported on a few game site that EA have taken out new registered trademarks for the name of Alpha Centauri.

Probably has nothing to do with the Sid Meier's game but you never know.

Zptr
 Zptr
(@zptr)
Petty Officer Registered

It could be anything. It could be EA marking their territory in case someone else tries to take the IP away. It could be a Facebook game (Civ recently came out), or it could be something new. I certainly hope it's something new, although I hope it remains 4X and not a re-imagination like the new XCOM that Take2 are financing.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Zptr wrote:
It could be a Facebook game (Civ recently came out), or it could be something new.

My vote would be going this route because EA/BioWare has had a decent success with the Dragon Age 2 facebook game. And Alpha Centauri could be a nice facebook game if done right. But could make way to a legit game if a simple web game does well. I have always wanted the large game houses to open their catalog and start remaking these classics.

ReplyQuote
Zptr
 Zptr
(@zptr)
Petty Officer Registered

A Facebook game would make a lot of sense, especially given the noises EA have been making about social networked games and spending all that money on PopCap. Given that games are now arriving on Google+ I wonder if it might also be "cross platform"

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Could be a facebook game or maybe an ipod game, then again they may just want to stop anyone else from using the name on a game.

ReplyQuote