Clear all

Elite-like space sim Spaceforce: Rogue Universe for $1

Page 1 / 2

IggyDreamatrix
(@iggydreamatrix)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi guys,

I'm Igor from Dreamatrix studios. We are a small Croatian indie developer and we've made an Elite-like space sim Spaceforce: Rogue Universe.

It got a pretty good review on Gamespot. They gave it a 7.5. Here's a gameplay video.

The reason I created an account here and a topic here is because we are running a Kickstarter campaign for our new RPG title Wave of Darkness.

We've made pretty good rewards, and one of them is for a pledge in amount of just a buck.

So for just $1 you can actually get Spaceforce: Rogue Universe, or any of the other two Spaceforce titles, wallpapers and an MP3 song.

For 5 bucks you can get all the Spaceforce titles, while for $15 you get our new RPG Wave of Darkness and all Spaceforce titles.

I hope my post isn't too intrusive. We need all the help we can get and I believe our rewards are pretty cool 🙂

Thanks for your time

CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Glad to have you aboard, Igor. I still have the original boxed version, of Spaceforce: Rogue Universe (waiting to be played, alas 🙁 ). From what I can see, you are asking for a modest $20.000, and you are nearly halfway there. A couple of questions:

1) Why did you make the switch, from SF to fantasy?

2)  What has happened, with "Provox Games", and Spaceforce: Captains, in particular. (Very interesting idea, but quite unfinished game. I could not even change the screen resolution of the game).

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Welcome to SSC, amigo! I still have Spaceforce: Rogue Universe on DVD (from about eight years ago).

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
IggyDreamatrix
(@iggydreamatrix)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Glad to have you aboard, Igor. I still have the original boxed version, of Spaceforce: Rogue Universe (waiting to be played, alas 🙁 ). From what I can see, you are asking for a modest $20.000, and you are nearly halfway there. A couple of questions:

1) Why did you make the switch, from SF to fantasy?

2)  What has happened, with "Provox Games", and Spaceforce: Captains, in particular. (Very interesting idea, but quite unfinished game. I could not even change the screen resolution of the game).

Thanks! And thanks for the questions.

1. Well we always adored both SF and RPG, so we decided this time it's time for a roleplaying game. Since we are a small team, we can only concentrate on one title, so the roleplaying one got the advantage.

Also, we had to wait quite a long time to get Spaceforce IP back to us from the publisher. It was a struggle, but it was worth it.

2. Provox Games is still here, but with a different name. We are still the same guys 🙂 Regarding Spaceforce: Captains, yeah, the idea was there, execution not exactly. But you know, you need to move on.

Hope you'll give Spaceforce RU a go 🙂

ReplyQuote
IggyDreamatrix
(@iggydreamatrix)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Welcome to SSC, amigo! I still have Spaceforce: Rogue Universe on DVD (from about eight years ago).

Muchas gracias! 🙂 I'm so glad we have Spaceforce players here!

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

<grins> I may not be one of them, but there are people here who have played just about any space game you could name (or of any genre)! Me, I'm more of a monogamiac - my obsession is in my sig - but I've ploughed through a few space games!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I still got my DVD of the game but have not played it in a while although it still on the XP computer and we still have a forum here http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/forum/16-space-force-rogue-universe/

Best of luck with the Kickstarter and that's a great idea about offering your old games.

As you have the rights back to the Spaceforce games will we be seeing any new games in the series?.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

I seem to recall a particularly ugly brute of a ship in S: RU that I really liked, but its name escapes me!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
IggyDreamatrix
(@iggydreamatrix)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I still got my DVD of the game but have not played it in a while although it still on the XP computer and we still have a forum here http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/forum/16-space-force-rogue-universe/

Best of luck with the Kickstarter and that's a great idea about offering your old games.

As you have the rights back to the Spaceforce games will we be seeing any new games in the series?.

Nothing official yet, but we do have something really awesome in very early stages of production 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Well I am in for this, best of luck Igor and yes I still have a DvD of Spaceforce: Rogue Universe.

ReplyQuote
IggyDreamatrix
(@iggydreamatrix)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Well I am in for this, best of luck Igor and yes I still have a DvD of Spaceforce: Rogue Universe.

Big thanks! 🙂

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Backed!! (But I think that , I will find the time to play all these games, when I will retire from my job, in a couple of decades!!!!)

ReplyQuote
IggyDreamatrix
(@iggydreamatrix)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Backed!! (But I think that , I will find the time to play all these games, when I will retire from my job, in a couple of decades!!!!)

HUGE, HUGE THANKS!

We make quality stuff, so I hope you'll find some time for our games before you retire 😛

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted a link to the KS on the ED forum - a bit of promo!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
IggyDreamatrix
(@iggydreamatrix)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Posted a link to the KS on the ED forum - a bit of promo!

Thank you! Can you send me a link of the thread?

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Sure - here! No responses as yet, but it will at least get seen. Most users over there concentrate on ED, of course.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
IggyDreamatrix
(@iggydreamatrix)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Sure - here! No responses as yet, but it will at least get seen. Most users over there concentrate on ED, of course.

Amazing, thanks for the effort!

I actually purchased Elite Dangerous. Incredible scope.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Incredible potential, certainly - but will they deliver, eh?

I jumped on the ED KS, but I fear I may be disappointed.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

I've also posted that link on the Oolite and Limit Theory forums.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
IggyDreamatrix
(@iggydreamatrix)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I've also posted that link on the Oolite and Limit Theory forums.

Four words: You are a legend! 🙂

ReplyQuote
FStyle
(@fstyle)
Senior Chief Registered

Hmm, the whole Spaceforce: Captains fiasco left a bad taste in my mouth.

Speaking of which, what happened to that title? It's nowhere on your site. Have you chosen to forget about it? Was there some legal issues about it? Now I'm really curious.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Just over the half way mark and still have 17 days left, they should be doing more updates.

ReplyQuote
IggyDreamatrix
(@iggydreamatrix)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi all,

We are in the last three days of our Kickstarter campaign, but I would also like to share an update regarding our Spaceforce franchise.

So, in case you missed it, we've posted an update on our Kickstarter campaign regarding Spaceforce titles.

This update is dedicated to all Spaceforce goodies that we are offering. You might have noticed that in all our tiers we included some of the Spaceforce titles. Even the smallest of them all, $1 tier includes one of the 3 titles of your choice, and in all others we included all of them.

We are actually celebrating the return of Spaceforce: Rogue Universe rights to us.

With more than 200,000 copies sold it was a real small space hit. Experience one of the most beautiful, open-ended space simulation games for the PC. As a starship pilot, explore the universe with one of 14 unique and powerful ships. More than 2000 missions await you within 46 star systems in the Milky Way galaxy. With every tier you’ll get a Spaceforce Rogue Universe song featured in SF-RU intro movie, remixed and extended (5:40) and never before released.

Here is the 3 min preview of the song in the new Spaceforce: Rouge Universe HD trailer:

There are also two other games whose action takes place in the same universe, but they are actually of different types: Spaceforce Constellations and Spaceforce Homeworld. Spaceforce Constellations is an action-packed turn based strategy. Battle your way through a series of devastating space feuds, for supremacy across the universe. Unleash your firepower and launch an arsenal of special attacks to destroy the enemy.

Spaceforce Homeworld, is full of missile hell of epic proportions, with PowerUps and Reinforcement Calls will bring back the nostalgia of classic retro arcade shooter games. For hundreds of years humans have searched for an answer to the eternal question: Are we alone in the universe? No we aren't, and the “others” are not friendly either. Get armed, kill the enemy.

Our first two tiers $1 and $5 are pretty generous for the fans of space-sim games. $5 tier is an amazing value with 3 game titles and MP3 so we sincerely hope you'll pick one of those 😛

Thank you for your patience and your support!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Only 49 hours and only two and half grand from the target.

ReplyQuote
IggyDreamatrix
(@iggydreamatrix)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

We are 98% funded with 25 hours to go.

I'm aware it's not always pretty to ask for assistance, but, even one pledge from you guys can really help, a lot.

We believe we offer really cool rewards in each reward tier, so I hope you guys will at least consider it.

Thanks for your support 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2