Notifications
Clear all

Everspace

Page 3 / 4

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Just been looking at the everspace forums and it seems a few others are having the same problem and so far Rockfish response is to put the blame on Windows and users who don't update ever single update from Microsoft.

In other words they no idea what the problem is.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

That's a lame ass excuse they are giving you guys Pinback. They don't have some sort of crash log or something you can send them? You would think with still being under development that you could start the game in some sort of debug mode to give them feedback or at the very least a crash report. I don't recall Rockfish Games being this unresponsive to their fans?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I do get the feeling that their is some thing more fundamentally wrong than they are admitting too and it may only effect a minority of player at the moment. but if they have not sorted out by the time the game goes on sale on GOG and Steam they could be in for a shit storm.

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

Just been looking at the everspace forums and it seems a few others are having the same problem and so far Rockfish response is to put the blame on Windows and users who don't update ever single update from Microsoft.

In other words they no idea what the problem is.

Ah ah ah! I never, i repeat NEVER update windows since i had 3.1 in 1993 and mu games always run well...if a game doesn't work the problem is the game itself.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

That's my feeling about it, it's got more to do with the game than any updates.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Another update to the beta but still not working for me.

Believe the game will be going live on Steams EA and GOG on the 14 of this month.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

How can they go live if there is a bunch of people who cannot even play the game? They just cannot blame windows if they say they support windows as a gaming platform 😉

Do they ask for windows logs or game logs to help find the problem? I know windows and all the different manufacturer hardware in pc's can be a nightmare for developers to code too but generally most software works on windows and its usually a gfx driver issue that affects a game most times.

ReplyQuote
ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)
Warrant Officer Registered

The overwhelmingly positive Steam reviews would seem to suggest that this is not a common problem.  Indeed, I haven't experienced any either.  I expect that the fact that this is a U4 game means that its rather difficult for the developers to guess what's causing some of the more unusual failures as they probably are not experts on the engine itself.

Could you describe the failure mode?  What OS and video card are you using?

By the way, when the U4 engine works it is absolutely spectacular.  Both Everspace and Unreal Tournament run absolutely beautifully for me, neither of them ever dips below 120fps and they look gorgeous.  Man, I can't wait for Borderlands 3.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

The problem has some thing to do with windows updates but I have given up fiddling around with it and I will wait until I upgrade to windows 10 now.

I may leave a negative review on Steam, not about the game as I never been able to play it but about Rockfish and their attitude to their customers which has been just to ignore any problems.

I get the feeling the more professional and bigger the developer is the worst their customer care is.

ReplyQuote
ZeroGScott
(@zerogscott)
Petty Officer Registered

First space game I've played in a LONG LONG time where I felt it was taking the space genera into new territory. Such well thought out mechanics and execution. It feels like a spiritual successor to so many games, I keep playing it wanting to see the games design structure in a Wing Commander Universe setting, or a Star Wars setting. Looking forward to seeing what the new ships bring and if they're open to adding more factions. There's a TON of potential here. Regardless of what the future brings this is a must buy for an space game fan.

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

This game has very good feedback on steam, hope the final version will be released soon. I don't like to play early access games.

ReplyQuote
Giraffasaur
(@giraffasaur)
Petty Officer Registered

Hello everyone! I'm one of the moderators over on the official **Everspace Forums**, and I wanted to drop by and say hello.

It sounds like there has been a little bit of tension here with some technical issues, so I wanted to reach out and help answer _any_ Everspace questions you all have (even regarding gameplay features, upcoming content, etc). In addition, I can direct the **Rockfish Games** team over here for further assistance if need be; I think you'll find they're a really responsive and personable group of individuals.

Let me know how I can help you!

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

Thanks giraffasaur, this is very appreciated.
I'll surely buy everspace as soon as it will be on final release, i love this kind of spacesims!

ReplyQuote
Giraffasaur
(@giraffasaur)
Petty Officer Registered

@PINBACK , I had to ask: _Did the update to Windows 10 solve the problem?_ Or are you still having issues loading up Everspace?

@natansharp , it's my pleasure; glad you're looking into the game. In actuality, I'm a strong advocate for purchasing complete games instead of buying into Alphas/Betas myself (unless you're really into playtesting and problem-solving), so I can respect and agree with your decision to wait. Fortunately, based on the development timeline, that wait shouldn't be too much longer, either! 😉

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

This is a very good news!

ReplyQuote
Giraffasaur
(@giraffasaur)
Petty Officer Registered

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop a little update the developers provided this morning via Twitter:

[ https://twitter.com/everspace_game/status/823905861680693251 ]( https://twitter.com/everspace_game/status/823905861680693251 "https://twitter.com/everspace_game/status/823905861680693251")

What this means is that some of the previous issues the developers were having using Unreal Engine should be resolved in the upcoming v0.4 patch, coming to **ALL CURRENT PLATFORMS** (not just Steam) planned for February. In addition to the code base, the game itself will be receiving some modifications and tweaks as well, including (but not limited to) Gunship buffs to armor and drones, Enhancement Perks for unique runs and much more for v0.4.

ReplyQuote
Giraffasaur
(@giraffasaur)
Petty Officer Registered

It's been a minute, so I wanted to drop a couple things about the upcoming patch (v0.4) which should be dropping within the next two weeks if all goes accordingly.

Ship Layouts: Allows different loadouts of equipment. This applies to all three ships.
Enhancements: Modifiers that will alter little details of a run. Only a few Enhancements can be selected before each run, creating more variety.
Smart Crafting: Your recently crafted items will appear at the top of your crafting list, making certain items more accessible. (Scanning Probes will be much easier to craft, for instance.)
Gunship Buffs: Armor is raising at least 10% to help this beastly ship live up to it's name, while modifications to it's Drone usage and Energy reserves will provide some serious firepower additions.

As with every version addition, it's likely we'll see a slew of gameplay tweaks and updates as well.

I'll let you all know when the update is live. Toodles for now.

ReplyQuote
Giraffasaur
(@giraffasaur)
Petty Officer Registered

More of the patch has been revealed, including (but not limited to) some derelict spaceship innards, ship customization and simultaneous release for Steam, GOG, XBox and Windows Store!

ReplyQuote
Giraffasaur
(@giraffasaur)
Petty Officer Registered

v0.4 patch is LIVE for all Steam, GOG, XBox and Windows Store owners! (Mac and Linux are still being worked on, unfortunately.)

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Looks like a nice update, good video Giraffasaur

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

You are doing a very good job! Everspace will be mine for sure!
I'm following this project and i only read good reviews on steam...it will be an excellent wing commander like spacesim.
I prayed for this kind of spacesim a lot!

ReplyQuote
Giraffasaur
(@giraffasaur)
Petty Officer Registered

Thanks @natansharp, I've been enjoying running around getting this game out there. It definitely could use more exposure.

Also, v0.5 is right around the corner it looks like!

https://twitter.com/everspace_game/status/849689141961011209

ReplyQuote
Giraffasaur
(@giraffasaur)
Petty Officer Registered

Progress is moving forward quickly with QA testing and approvals, so the version skipped ahead a few! Be looking out for this drop in the next couple weeks, or even next few days!

https://twitter.com/everspace_game/status/852148055595986944

ReplyQuote
Giraffasaur
(@giraffasaur)
Petty Officer Registered

Hey everyone, v0.7 is LIVE.

https://twitter.com/everspace_game/status/852485464267386880

You can read the patch notes here:

https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/4220/update-0-7-1-31567

ReplyQuote
Giraffasaur
(@giraffasaur)