DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

It has released

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

I tried this game at a friend of mine that bought it...the game is good but for me there is a problem...the joystick support!
I read a thread on steam about it and the problem with U4 engine that doesn't support joystick but there are plugin to add it.
When we think to a space simspace dogfighting game the joystick is fundamental!
I hate playing with a controller and even with mouse...i'm also an fps gamer so i use mouse and keyboard alot but for space games joystick is the best!
Can you fix this?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I thought I posted about this but couldn't find it...

But Everspace has had some new DLC out for about 5 months now and it looks pretty good. I will probably buy Everspace Ultimate Edition on the next big steam sale. But you can checkout the DLC here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/709150/EVERSPACE__Encounters/

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

New computer and the game now works.:)

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Is it a solid game Pinback, is it worth getting?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I let you know but I'm a bit obsessed by Stella Tactics at the moment.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered

Ooh. Stellar Tactics does look good, as does Spacebourne.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/732240/SpaceBourne/

Everytime I look at Everspace those two come to mind.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Spent a couple of hours with it now, pretty sold game so far, you do die a lot but that that is part of the game play. One thing I don't like is having to keep the w key pressed down to move forward which I think is more of a FPS than a space game where the w key is used to increase the speed.

Spacebourn has the that W key problem as well.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered

I cant find an edit button either. I think you guys discussed it in another thread? So...

...I just picked up Everspace because I need something to tide me over until Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, and E:D just isn't cutting it. (I Like thruster based combat, and loved FS2, but E:D just makes it too difficult, if you get in combat with any NPC over Novice, you had better have a fully decked out end-game combat ship. They really dropped the ball imho.

I like roguelikes so I'll give my impressions. Im also playing Freelancer again, so that will color my impressions a bit.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

The game nothing like freelancer and like all FTL clones it can feel a bit linear as you always have to go forward with a limited number jump points.

Love that gatling gun for blasting the asteroids,trouble is I keep using it on the enemies ships when I should be using the laser then the gatling gun.:D

Bit of a smart alec ships computer as it told me "that hitting large objects would cause damage" just as smacked into an asteroid and blew up. 😀 😀

Having played a few hours of the game I take back what I said about the "W" key as the controls work very well in the game, especially for getting into the bigger asteroids and shipwrecks.

Agree the forum needs a edit/delete post buttons.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Game now out on the switch.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4