Notifications
Clear all

Flotilla

Songbird
(@songbird)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Here is an Indie that looks just about ready to go out to market: Flotilla. Blendogames is soon to distribute this game and another for PC and X-Box. Flotilla will offer a skirmish mode and an Adventure mode that will involve what seems to be a procedural universe with exploration, recruitment, trading, and battle. No 2D stuff- this one has all planes: X, Y, and Z.

All of their previous games have been freeware... not sure if this one will be freeware as well. Here comes the link, and there is a demonstration video there as well:

http://www.blendogames.com/flotilla/

Good gaming 😀

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

The game seems pretty good even thou i'm not into turn based stuff.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I liked the ease of giving movement and attack instructions to your fleet.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Worth keeping an eye of this one Darkone methinks! 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Yeah I will add this game to my ever growing link list, this week sometime. Thanks again Songbird you are definitely one of the best at finding the obscure games 🙂

ReplyQuote
Songbird
(@songbird)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Demo is now available!

Cost of full game $10.00 😮

Just downloaded demo!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I will try to play the demo this week sometime as well, looks like a nice game for $10

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Downloading the demo now ...

57mb, speed 1.2MB/s

ReplyQuote
Mogymog
(@mogymog)
Petty Officer Registered

I just got this game to test the other gay. While fun and reminisce of other similar games. I don't like the combat system. It's too jagged, and the camera controls are clunky.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

The game is fun for fans of the genre but I'm not really into it. The general feel of the game is interesting and nice but the gameplay does not have any sort of depth from my point of view.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Played around with the demo and I liked it the art style is simple but effective and I liked the simplicity of the interface. I would like more movement and attack options (might get more in full version?).

I found myself dying a bit because I wasn't going after the weakness of the ships, thats what I get. I would have liked to have more options in weapons. Because some of those ships had a laser beam that would 2 shot me.... not so fair 🙂

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered

Anybody purchase the full game? I might get it for the 360, but the demo lasted like ten minutes.

Any idea how many random events there are? Wierd worlds got stale when the SAME things happened every game. Just in a different order.

ReplyQuote
Hendar23
(@hendar23)
Petty Officer Registered

Fun for a bit, but then you hit seven months and it's game over! Just when you start to have fun! Stupid, stupid, stupid design decision.

It's also incredibly easy once you figure out how to win every engagement. Forget battleships, the two starting frigates are all you need to win any battle.

Shame, it was brilliant for the first half hour....

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered

Eh, not sure it was worth the money and probably wouldn't have purchased if I had been able to play the demo longer.

That being said, I think Ive got the tactics down. My first dreadnought kill was brutal, but awesome. Still have trouble with beam frigates however, any ideas? I know how to position myself correctly so they don't do damage, but all it takes is for them to shift, and that beam is all up in my hull.

ReplyQuote
voxel
(@voxel)
Petty Officer Registered

Anyone still playing Flotilla? I bought it as soon as it came out and still play it fairly regularly. AI has been improved a fair bit and manages to surprise me from time to time, but generally it's still a bit too easy unless you're seriously outnumbered.

I'd really love a similar game with more depth and larger fleets. A cross between this and something like Gratuitous Space Battles would be ideal. Any suggestions?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

There are two (starfarer and spaz) that are coming that have similarities to GSB. I haven't played flotilla for quite some time, just seems to need more and the games seem to end to soon.

ReplyQuote
voxel
(@voxel)
Petty Officer Registered

When you start a Flotilla new campaign there is a 'hardcore' checkbox which ups the difficulty and greatly extends the game length beyond 7 months.

And I already pre-ordered Starfarer 🙂

ReplyQuote