Notifications
Clear all

Game currently on update hiatus

Tyranuus
(@tyranuus)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi guys,

Sorry to let you know but for the near future, there will be no updates on the project of the game. I'm sorry if any of you feel like we're wasting your time, but unfortunately several members of our teams are having some very real issues, which is holding back development.

I myself have contributed to this with a string of faulty computers and hardware which has meant for many months my access has been limited to my mobile phone, and borrowing computers as possible (I haven't even had a NON WORKING machine in my possession for over a month, I am using a work machine right now). Ultimately fitting this around a very real working life, and other commitments, means my own input to the team has been sorely lacking, and far below where I wish it had been, and dev team input everywhere, not just here, has suffered as a result of our collective issues (seems like only a few weeks ago we were all really active!)

I will reiterate however that the project is NOT abandoned. Too much time and effort has gone into the game to even bring it to the status it is now, and for everyones sake; both us on the team, and those who have watched our efforts with anticipation, it would be a massive loss to let everything end like this, believe me I wish I didn't have to be posting this to let you guys know the situation.

For my own part, I am currently hoping to have a new machine in the near future (again, and I'll be praying to every god I can find that this one works), and as soon as I physically can, I will be looking to see what I can do to re-energise and coordinate the project, and get it back on track again.

Wish us luck!

Tyr (and the X32I Dev team)

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Good to hear the project still on the go Tyranuus,look forward to hearing some more new about the game in the future.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Thanks Tyranuus for the updates on X32i, sorry of course to hear of the set backs in development. But I guess indie development never goes flawlessly. If I can help with something just let me know and hope no one lost any valuable work to any hardware failures.

ReplyQuote
SirBaron
(@sirbaron)
Petty Officer Registered

Ok guys not sure if you perceptive people have noticed but the game is currently back in production, things are looking good, and the future is bright.

http://www.moddb.com/games/x32i-redemption

Sorry for the lack of updates, had a really rough year so far, but things are getting better. Hope you guys enjoy the update, plus if you look in the video section, there is 3 music tracks, which where used in promotional videos for X32I.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I can't wait to see what you guys do with the UDK personally SirBaron. All that RL stuff happens to everyone and yourself and family do come first regardless of how many fans are waiting for news 🙂

ReplyQuote
Tyranuus
(@tyranuus)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Writing before I start work (on a work machine):

As Dave and Gareth have said, the production is now fully underway again.

As you can guess from my own signature, due to my own problems my position became untenable, and to continue the project at the required rate, a new writer has been taken onboard.

However this is an amicable split, there's no bad blood (well at least on my behalf, I can't speak for everyone else) and I am going to do my best to keep in contact with the team. I wish them luck in bringing the vision of a full scale sci-fi game to our computer screens, I have always been, and still am extremely excited about how the project will turn out. 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Nice work on the website Tyranuus, I will get that link added to my link list soon. Sorry to hear about your leaving of the team. I know that type of work can definitely take up a lot of time.

ReplyQuote
Tyranuus
(@tyranuus)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I'm nothing to do with the website, and never have been, so no credit on that goes to me, I just link it as advertising for the team 🙂

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Any news regarding that project yet?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

The X32i team has been pretty silent lately I know the holidays have just past for a lot of the developers so maybe more news will start trickling out soon.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Looks like this game dead in the water or dead in space as there appears to be no web site and the mod page is gone now.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

PM'd SirBaron so we'll see... if I get no comments from the team on the x32i I might have to remove this forum and just keep a relevant post about X32i. Shame if the project did get scrapped because I really wanted to see what these guys could do with the UDK.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Any news regarding that PM, dark?

I personnally don't believe they will let the project go to waste (they stated many times that they simply had invested too much in it) but just to be on the safe side...

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

No PM responses yet and not sure what the status is on X32i but its not looking good.

ReplyQuote
Tyranuus
(@tyranuus)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

The website is still up but hasn't been updated for some time, the indieDB page is still there too, just flagged as inactive . I know they were planning to shift to a dark until theres some light style development plan, so hopefully the project itself is not dead. I haven't spoken to Baron in some time so I'm not in a position to comment, but I hope the project is still alive and well, or that'd be a real shame. There were quite some man hours put in over the course of the project that I saw. It would be a shame for none of that to ever reach fruition.

Baron doesn't tend to be that active over here, more so on other forums, and steam etc, so...who knows?

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Tyrranus? might you have a way to contact sirbaron or other members of the team? Perhaps we could gain an answer from them...

ReplyQuote
SirBaron
(@sirbaron)
Petty Officer Registered

Hey sorry for the lack of response, but yeah the project has pretty much fell apart for a majority of reasons that I would love to explain, but unfortunately cannot. Moving to the UDK was probably one of the biggest reasons why the project fell apart to some degree, and various other reasons factored into it's death.

I'm waiting for some things to happen in the next 6months, and due to circumstances we may have to start fresh if I decide to go down the X32I route, as 90% of the team has disbanded.

Sorry to dissapoint guys, but real life get's in the way of many things, unfortunately this was one of them. 🙁

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Oh no! this was certainly one of the best looking projects I have ever witnessed! I sincerely hope it'll pick up again soon!

Simple question, but might you have considered moving it to the SCP engine?

I sincerely hope it'll be preserved in a way or the other: As you stated, you accomplished too much to give up now! 🙂

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Why not posting a recruitment thread here? talented people are on SSC, including, but not limited to modelers... this could be a way to quickly go back on the X32I route! 😀

Tyrannus, would you consider rejoining the project at that point should sirbaron express the wish?

ReplyQuote
Tyranuus
(@tyranuus)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Yes I would, SirBaron is (should be) aware my door is always open if I can be of assistance in the future.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

excellent! hopefully others will express similar interest! Perhaps sirbaron should consider posting a recruitment thread...

ReplyQuote
SirBaron
(@sirbaron)
Petty Officer Registered

If/when I get back into X32I, it will be at least a month away.

I'm moving houses, wont have internet connection for a while, and other stuff is taking my time up, but it should be around June when I start to plan things in regards to X32I, and it will be late June/early July when I start to recruit.

One thing I'm waiting for is the release of Crytek's Indie version of Cryengine 3, however I do not have my hopes up for Crytek, as they have proved them selves to be incompetent many times.

I will keep you guys up to date with things if and when they change,

Thanks

David Baron

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

sirbaron, many thanks for your reply and update regarding recruiting! Thank you for responding, and rest assured that we wish you the best for X32I! Hopefully this project will be back on track later on... Please remember to keep us informed.

Best regards, and again many thanks.

ReplyQuote