Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Games with Playable Capital Ships

Rith
 Rith
(@rith)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

star_destroyer_5.jpg

The Star Destroyer. Who hasn't wanted to fly around in one of these colossal triangles of death?

Are there any games that will let you do this, or at least fly any other capital ship?

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Hmm I don't know of any game where you can fly the SW capitol ships. If I remember correctly you will be able use/pilot a capitol ship Naumachia: Space Warfare.

ReplyQuote
diomedesbc
(@diomedesbc)
Crewman Registered

Mods of Freelancer have all kinds of ships.

Starshatter: One of the reasons I liked the game was you started out as a fighter pilot and as you progressed in rank you could captain a frigate, destroyer, cruiser and finally carrier ops. Pretty cool.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

X bore.

ReplyQuote
Rith
 Rith
(@rith)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions.

Battlecruiser Millennium turned out to be completely free as the maker discontinued it, so I'll be looking into that as well as Freelancer. I remember seeing both Star Destroyer and Death Star mods for Freelancer.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

You could fly Star Trek capital ships, in the Starfleet/Klingon Academy , and Starfleet Command series. And I-War 1/2, was primarily focused on capital ships.

ReplyQuote
Rith
 Rith
(@rith)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I-War 2 has flyable capital ships? Wow I'd better go back and go through it again. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

star wolves series allow you to fly capital ships, unfortvnately you can't fly simple fighter. the latest, sw3: civil war, can only change ships based on game campaign progress, the ship customization is too limited for my taste. and after final battle, you can't continue playing . i don't recommend this game, disappointing imho.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident is based around your capitol sized ship.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered

Ill throw in a vote for the X series, also EVE allows capital awesomeniss...

if you like... invest MONTHS/YEARS into it.

Still who's never wanted to pilot (excuse me, click) a flying city with uber death rays. Its even called a TITAN. How cool is that?

ReplyQuote
Rith
 Rith
(@rith)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

How is X and it's capital ships, and which one should I get if I were to find them on eBay(for $10 or less)?

I'm trying the Trial for EVE now. I probably won't be buying it as I've also never cared for paying the equivalent to buying a complete whole game a month as a subscription for anything. 😆

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

X3 has cool capital ships, so does X3:TC but I wouldnt get TC (Terran Conflict) as there arent any good mode for it. This game is all about the mods, as its pretty boring without them.

The X-tended mod adds in 2 or 3 mothership class ships which are bigger than any in the vanilla game.

But the game has many flaws, its worth buying though.

ReplyQuote
SuperG
(@superg)
Senior Chief Registered

Well games with capital ships I look also out for.

3000AD series wich latest was Universal Combat. Because it's a mix of

Space and naval BAttle cruiser + FPS shooter. They renamed it.

But the game interface is much more hairy then that from X3 TC.

ReplyQuote
mdaddett
(@mdaddett)
Petty Officer Registered

There is my game in development StarShipSim http://www.spacesimcentral.com/indie-and-open-source-gaming-projects-f46/little-space-game-t1104.html which is built for capital ships

ReplyQuote
Rith
 Rith
(@rith)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks! I'll check it out.

ReplyQuote