Notifications
Clear all

glFFE : autotarget

MrPeanut
(@mrpeanut)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi there,

Finally sat down and gave glFFE enough of a chance to get me interested in its immensity and ignore its warts. I am having a problem I hoped someone could help me with. I have an auto-targeter, but for the life of me I can't get the damn thing to work. When in combat mode I press 'T' and I see a large flashing orange circle in the upper left of my screen, but no matter how long I hold the enemy in my reticle nothing happens. When in non-combat mode I get a flashing green square outline at the centre of my reticle, but it also locks onto nothing. The only means of target selection is mouse clicking, and in the heat of combat in free-flight mode it is very awkward.

edit: Just tried with FFEWin and it works. Must be a bug in glFFE? 🙁

edit2: Won't anyone corroborate this bug?

MrPeanut
(@mrpeanut)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

ended up figuring out how to compile glFFE and fix the autotarget bug. why? because my laptop can't handle FFE3D and I wanted to play in front of the television.

For details see here: http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.fan.elite/browse_thread/thread/fe0334e062e8ced0/f0520cc73b686a28?hl=en

I only compiled the patched version for nic's mod version, but would like to make it available for download here on SSC. I don't want to keep the spoils for myself alone.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Mr Peanut

I never used the auto-targeter myself, but if you have restored functionally, then please do upload! 😎

ReplyQuote
MrPeanut
(@mrpeanut)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

FFE Nic's mod executable replacement. Fixes autotarget bug.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thanks for that Mr Peanut 🙂 , I still use GLFFE because the txt is sometimes easier to read and I like its "just slightly different" look to the original FFE.

ReplyQuote
MrPeanut
(@mrpeanut)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

My exec is for Nic's mod of aniso. Nic has since incorporated the fixes into his non-aniso build. Aniso build is not great because of unfixable bugs that cause random crashes.

ReplyQuote