Notifications
Clear all

How do I play freelancer with no disks using daemon tools?

GUNSMIF
(@gunsmif)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

I need a step by step guide on how to play freelancer without using the disks, ive been recommended daemon tools that simulates virtual disk drives but have no idea on how to use it? 🙄

any feed back would be great!

thank you

IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered

Freespace 2 you mean? For Daemon tools, just right click on the icon in your taskbar (near your clock.) Go to "Virtual Devices" and then Device 0 and then Mount Image, from here you should be able to select the .iso file.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

If you have any game or program with mutliple discs you will need to create a virtual device to mount the cd/dvd on for each image. And even if you mount them most cd/dvds will require a NOCD crack to work.

ReplyQuote
Bullwinkle
(@bullwinkle)
Warrant Officer Registered

GUNSMIF wrote:
I need a step by step guide on how to play freelancer 2 without using the disks, ive been recommended daemon tools that simulates virtual disk drives but have no idea on how to use it? 🙄

Gunny, here's the Help page for Daemon Tools Lite: http://www.daemon-help.com/general_use_lite.html

Using Daemon Tools Lite is pretty easy if you understand "disk images" -- so easy that you can probably run it and right-click the icon and figure it out. However, if disk images are a new concept for you... then you will have a bit of a learning curve. Be patient and work through the help pages... they explain what you need to know (although they use enough jargon to be confusing).

Short Version:

An "image" is a file, on your hard disk, that is an exact copy of another disk (in this case, a CD).

You create image(s) of your Freelancer CD(s) using your favorite CD burning tool.

Then you use Daemon Tools to "mount" the image. When mounted your computer will see the image as a new disk drive. It will then behave as if you have the CD in a CD drive in your computer.

Note that your mounted image will have a different drive letter than your real CD drive.

If you still have trouble, find a teenager to help! (Or just ask on the Daemon Tools forum).

PS: We all wish that there was a Freelancer 2! It doesn't really matter, though, because Daemon Tools works the same way for any kind of disk image.

ReplyQuote
GUNSMIF
(@gunsmif)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

many thanks you lot!

yeah freelancer 2 😆 ???? erm.... was tired and just been playing freespace 2, mite have zoned out a bit whilst typing that. oh dear, think my fingers work faster than my brain. especially at 3am hehe.

p.s like the name Gunny 😎

ReplyQuote