Bit of a mash up between a 1970s anime with a space colony and FTL gameplay, might go to the top of D1 fav list 😀. not out until sometime next year. Jumplight Odyssey on Steam (steampowered.com)
And you get a space pig............hum bacon sandwiches.
ABOUT THIS GAME
Lead your crew on a daring, star-flung escape to the sanctuary of the Forever Star in this roguelite starship colony sim.
Escape the clutches of Admiral Voltan and the warmongering Zutopans, as you build, repair, promote, defend, and grow, across multiple decks of your starship. With your home planet destroyed and your people lost, it's up to you to keep Hope alive on a perilous adventure across the galaxy!
Also... There’s a pig. You can pet the pig. That’s all you really need to know.
- As captain, you are responsible for taking care of the human needs of everyone on your ship. Everything from socializing, sleep, food, to water and air. Wifi not included in this hierarchy of needs.
- A delightful and charming starship dollhouse experience, filled with a living crew going about their lives; eating, sleeping, working, and surviving. Your crew interact with each other as brothers, sisters, lovers, friends and rivals. Hopefully a little less of the latter, but we’re not making any promises.
- Moods and ideas are contagious. On this floating melodrama, emergent relationships and incidents have a direct impact on the crew. Keep the Hope of your crew high, or suffer the consequences!
- Explore different star systems with different biomes that have varying effects on your ship and crew.
- Manage emergent systems: fire, electrical strikes, radiation, loss of oxygen. Nothing runs smoothly forever.
- Promote everyday crew members to division officers, and then negotiate their differing management quirks as they run a tight ship, or burn it to the ground.
- Battle against hostile boarding parties and scramble your starfighters to defend against intergalactic invaders!
- Your journey is a treacherous one. Take lessons from each previous voyage, and retool your ship for new circumstances. Then try, try again.
- Keep exploring the galaxy. Rerun your daring escape and discover new encounters, events, characters and challenges each time.
- Scratch your naval ship building itch: lay out optimum corridors, build efficient management processes, and decorate the spaces to your specifications.
- Efficiently manage your resource production. From your water supply, to the ship’s gardens and farming spaces. You’ll need to optimize your systems to keep your ship and crew alive for as long as possible.
- Inventory management in space: keep the hangar deck organized and warp core humming. Can your crew stock fridges and shelves in zero gravity? Actually we’re not sure if they can either. Good luck.
- Inspired by epic 1970s star-spanning anime adventures - the likes of Star Blazers and more. Add some smooth 70’s Tokyo late night disco to keep the mood? You got it.
- Experience a dynamic toylike sandbox inspired by the Incredible Cross-Sections and What Do People Do All Day? series of books.
I wasn't that great at FTL haha but I definitely like these types of games and with them adding some nice story to your adventure makes it better. Cannot wait to see more trailers for this one next year.