Notifications
Clear all

Missile Command: Recharged

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Atari is celebrating Missile Command 40th anniversary with a remake that will be available on PC and Switch. Dang we are getting old my fellow pilots, I remember when my dad bought this and the competitions we had to get the highest score on the Atari 2600 😉 This remake looks fun, lets see how much they charge for it.

You will be able to pick it up next week on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1292010/Missile_Command_Recharged/

Geraldine liked
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Is this the one which had the trackball in the arcades, memory going 😆 don't think I ever played any of the home ports of the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @pinback

Is this the one which had the trackball in the arcades

Yup, it was a lot harder with the trackball, much easier to play with a console controller or mouse. But the Atari version was really good I still remember breaking so many of those joysticks back then 😉

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Looks like Atari is pushing out a Missile Command: Recharged upgrade or like Re-Recharged version 🙂

To address the burning question: “Wait! I thought there was already a Missile Command: Recharged?” That's correct! Missile Command was the very first title in the Recharged series, which kicked off in 2021. After launching six more Recharged titles, all with more content and features than the original Missile Command: Recharged, Atari decided to revisit and update it with everything they’ve learned along the way. Taking lessons from the subsequent releases including Gravitar: Recharged, Yars: Recharged, and Breakout: Recharged, Atari’s new Missile Command: Recharged outfits the game with new content and a wholly new gameplay experience.

ReplyQuote