Notifications
Clear all

New Elite style game

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Turned up in a search I was doing , they are looking for a 3d artist to do three models for them.

http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums/p/ ... 32245.aspx

They don’t say much about the game but what caught my eye was a couple of features they mentioned

Quote:
Atmospheric scattering with transitions from ground level to space.

Triangle perfect collision system based on OBB Trees.

RK4 Based Newtonian Physics System.

Zptr
 Zptr
(@zptr)
Petty Officer Registered

Curious. A Frontier-style game on 360 would be an interesting thing. It would be better on PC I feel, but given the number of open source projects I can see the appeal of shooting for a different platform. I wonder if it will be an XBLA game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

They need to make these games dual consoles (include the PS3 pls). Pinback did you ever play Space Pirates from Tomorrow? That was supposed to be an elite style game as well for the 360.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
DarkOne wrote:
They need to make these games dual consoles (include the PS3 pls). Pinback did you ever play Space Pirates from Tomorrow? That was supposed to be an elite style game as well for the 360.

No I don’t have a 360 although I may be buying one in a couple of weeks,.

Still might not be able to play Pirates as IIRC the thread we have about the game it was mention that you have to be connected to the internet to play the game.

It might be duel or if it’s 360 only then hopefully it will successful for them to do a PC port later on.

ReplyQuote
Zptr
 Zptr
(@zptr)
Petty Officer Registered

PINBACK wrote:
DarkOne wrote:

No I don’t have a 360 although I may be buying one in a couple of weeks,.

Still might not be able to play Pirates as IIRC the thread we have about the game it was mention that you have to be connected to the internet to play the game.

It might be duel or if it’s 360 only then hopefully it will successful for them to do a PC port later on.

There are a lot of indie 360 games that require an online activation before play, which is damn annoying when you just want a quick blast of something. I've only played the trial of S'pirates and while it had some of the flavour and depth of 16-bit Elite, I thought it was quite a scrappy game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Will be interesting to see if they have done seamless planet landings if it’s the same context as Frontier or some thing different.

Had trawl through the site but couldn’t find anything else about it.

ReplyQuote