Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Outer Wilds

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

There isn't a whole lot out there for this game yet as information you can see here https://store.steampowered.com/app/753640/Outer_Wilds/ and here http://www.mobiusdigitalgames.com/outer-wilds.html

This concept is unique because it hasn't been tackled yet in a game that I can think of... or least successfully. From the videos and screenshots it really looks like these worlds do change, how or why will be good too know. I will be watching this one because it looks like it will be fun to explore and play.

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

That's been around a long time http://spacesimcentral.com/forums/topic/outer-wilds/ nice to see it may be getting a release maybe this year?.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

This game been around a while and its nice to see it finally coming to release, watched the E3 footage and its nice to get the dev to explain the basics.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

They have yet to say weather they intend staying on Steam, but I think it a good bet that they will take Epic's money.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

And the game has surfaced, and you guessed it on the Epic store. https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/outerwilds/home

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

What a horrible interface Epic has, but as I stated before I have a huge steam library I can wait until its on steam and if it don't ever show up I will just not play it. That extra long gameplay video I watched a few weeks back wasn't too impressive to me, so maybe waiting is best so they incorporate the players feedback and add in all the content so when it does hit steam its complete.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Think Bellular News take on it, pretty much hits the nail on the head as to what has been going on with this game, but it is just speculation as he says himself.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Well theirs a surprise, as the game will be out on the 30 of this month, don't know if it is complete or it's early access.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I don't think Epic does early access games so I believe its the full release. I didn't think it was going to be released so soon, I will look forward to the reviews to see if this one is compete.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

RPS review of game, looks good and compete, not one I would run off and buy straight away, even if it had been on Steam or GOG. But I will get it when it gets released on Steam in a years or so.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

End up buying this on the PS4 as I just happened to spot in the PlayStation store, it's bit like the film Ground Hog Day or that Sci-Fi film Tom Cruise did a couple years ago. In that you  die after about 20 minutes, then have to piece together what's going on.

Not played a lot of it sofar but one annoying thing is that their is no manual save and the game only save when you die, every 20 minutes or so in less you do some thing stupide like I did and fly into the sun. then it save and you start over again.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Ugh that sounds like a bad feature... I am sure that would be fixed or least mod fixed on the pc. I have heard in general that it is a short game that you can beat it in about 20hrs or so. How is the space experience in the game, most of the videos only focus on planetside game play?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I believe the save game is the same on PC but I guess that's part of the gameplay as each cycle only last about 20 minutes and every time you restart you build up more knowledge.

Best way I can describe the space side of the game is a bit like a 3d Lunar lander crossed with Asteroids, hard landing will damage the ship and you have a basic Newtonian environment to fly around in.   

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Game is being released on June 18th on Steam.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

And indeed it dropped on Steam yesterday.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Some new DLC coming to the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I do believe this dropped yesterday and should be on Steam.

ReplyQuote