Notifications
Clear all

SKYJACKER

Page 4 / 4

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Some good new for Skyjacker as they have made it to the top 100 in Steams greenlight although the goal is still a long way off and only 17 days left of the Kickstarter.

Hello backers,

Something really cool happened during the weekend, something we were aspiring towards as part of our journey together. Yes, SKYJACKER made it to the TOP 100 games on Steam Greenlight! 

We're very excited about achieving this important milestone, which could not have happened without your support.

What's even more exciting, our YTG STRIKE group seem to carry us nicely through the ranks, and we managed to move to #78 in less than 24 hours:

17ba9bd7bc65725933f1c688c1a301ec_large.p

Please vote for SKYJACKER on Steam Greenlight, so we can achieve "Greenlit" status together: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=184306161

Let us introduce you to the YTG STRIKE group, the most vicious short range assault deity in the SKYJACKER universe.  It consists of the following starships: Fighter (type 1), Fighter (type 3), Destroyer (type 2) and Quad-Destroyer. The STRIKE group is used as short-range assault muscle during the space combat by the Yatagooshee alien race. YTG STRIKE group uses a cloud formation to support trade convoys ships.

YTG STRIKE group:

YTG FIGHTER (type 1 and 2):

• Class - LIGHT FIGHTER
  • Crew - 1
  • Engine - WASP
  • Purpose - ASSAULT
  • Weapons - PULSAR BLASTER
YTG DESTROYER (type 2):

• Class - LIGHT DESTROYER
  • Crew - 2
  • Engine - WASP
  • Purpose - ASSAULT
  • Weapons - PULSAR BLASTERandTURRETS
YTG QUAD DESTROYER:

• Class - HEAVY DESTROYER
  • Crew - 5
  • Engine - WASP
  • Purpose - ASSAULT
  • Weapons - FOUR PULSAR BLASTERS and TURRETS

And finally... the the video to describe YTG STRIKE group in Free Flight mode:

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

1. Those ships are very odd looking for my taste.

2. Ride Of The Valkyries makes everything better. Always.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I they do have a very unique look to the game, very Russian/east European which has a very different design ethos to western developed games.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

New update and they have moved into the top 50 on Steam

Hello backers,

We've made some modifications to our website, and now you will be able to not only track our Kickstarter widget, but also our progress on Steam Greenlight. Check it out: www.skyjackergame.com

fb43ac27f34878519a1a83305e728b58_large.j

We continue our parade of YTG starships fleet with today's introduction to YTG Cruiser T1. Yatagooshee fleet has brought us lots of goodness in the last few days, as with YTG Cruiser we are advancing into TOP 50 games on Steam Greenlight!

YTG Cruiser T1:

• Class - HEAVY CRUISER
  • Crew - 4 PILOTS + 8 GUNNERS + 60 ASSAULT PLATOON
  • Engine - WASP
  • Purpose - ASSAULT
  • Weapons - 5 BLUE RAY BEAMS + 7 TURRETS + 1 TORPEDO LAUNCHER
  • Special Feature - landing zone Fighters (type 1) transforming this cruiser into a carrier for dozens of fighters
Enjoy YTG Cruiser T1 in Free Flight Mode, while listening to Music by Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz "The Art of War" from the SKYJACKER soundtrack:

SKYJACKER Community:

Boonex:

Our friends at BOONEX - community software platform for social websites gave us a friendly shout out across their strong (over 200,000 members) community of tech and space enthusiasts. Check them out at www.boonex.com. Thumbs up to BOONEX for supporting SKYJACKER!!!

b4bf406e8519d98c8bd38585c7bd5baa_large.p

International Broadcaster:

António Casqueiro, one of our friends and proud backer of SKYJACKER is taking a lead over the International Broadcaster project during this weekend. Here's the overview of what the project will accomplish:

• Translation of SKYJACKER page on KS in different languages
  • Creation of a page where backers could leave comments in different languages
  • Launch of the site (next Monday)

Once the site is launched, it would be cool if you could spare 10-15 min of your time and leave comments, as well as possibly correct some of the translations 🙂

Social Media:

We had a very busy week, engaging in social media campaigns asking different communities to share our information on their FB pages. We had at least 25 different gaming community FB pages that posted our shout out. By our estimates it should have reached eyes of over 200,000 community members! Head over to our Facebook page:

to check on the details!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

New update they have moved up to 3 on Steam but the Kickstarter has stalled at 26K and only 6 days left.

Hello backers,

We have several exciting news to share with you as part of this update. You will see YTG Cruiser T3 video, learn about Starship Constructor Free Flight R3 YTG release... but before that... 

STEAM GREENLIGHT

We just advanced to TOP 3 ranking on Steam Greenlight! Of course this could not have happened without your support. We are very happy and fortunate to have you! There might be few that haven't had a chance to vote on Steam Greenlight, so please follow the link and let's capture Rank #1 soon!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=184306161

88fd5edadfd23095fce49ef9becaf3aa_large.jSKYJACKER Ranked #3 on Steam Greenlight

YTG Cruiser T3:

c3d5e5ef8478cbe8a451bc51251f0eaa_large.j

Meet the most dominant and powerful cruiser in SKYJACKER called God of War:

• Class - HEAVY CRUISER
  • Crew - 2 PILOTS + 2 MECHANICS + 1 AI PILOT + 1 AI WEAPONRY + 12 GUNNERS 
  • Engine - WASP 
  • Purpose - ASSAULT
  • Weapons - 1 QUAD BARREL BLUE BEAM LAUNCHER + 2 RED BEAM LAUNCHERS W/TRIPPLE RAYS + 5 SMALL TURRETS + 7 LARGE TURRETS W/ PULSARS + 4x12 ROCKET LAUNCHERS + 4 TORPEDO LAUNCHERS 
  • Special Features - incredibly high space combat efficiency + rescue module allowing crew to escape + large cargo module, transferrable to a planetary bomb compartment

Starship Constructor Free Flight R3 - YTG Release

We continue to work on improvements to our Starship Constructor product. Today we released R3 - YTG, which contains Free Flight mode for 26 starships of Yatagooshee star fleet. All Starship Constructor backers are receiving download links to R3 as we write this update.

The reason we are sharing this news with you is because we want you to know that no matter what happens with this Kickstarter project, and we still have hope that we will be able to complete it successfully, we are fully committed to finishing SKYJACKER game!

So, BE A BACKER OF SKYJACKER, no matter what!

Eugene, Alexander & Team SKYJACKER!

5a7b806068f71d9d97fb5d129db78b45_large.j

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Well we are into the last 28 hours for Skyjacker but sadly they are no where near the target, good news for them is that they should be greenlighted when the next batched are announced.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

That's the end of this Kickstarter for Skyjacker, they did get a bit of a bump at the end but only got about $45K but they are still committed to the game.

THE NEXT STEPS:

As you probably know by now, we are fully committed to finishing SKYJACKER game. We just need to re-group and find an alternative ways to finance the next stages in development process. We will keep you updated on the progress.

It is no secret that we went to Kickstarter because we are self financed indie developer and every cent counts. We had to do it out of necessity, and not because we wanted to promote ourselves. 

Our funding efforts will continue and you can help by pledging directly through DigiStore: ( http://store.digitilus.com )

All pledges on DigiStore are completely synchronized with Kickstarter, and if you would like to keep the same level of your pledge, please go to DigiStore and pledge there. We will keep this exclusive proposal for the next 60 days ONLY.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Congrats to Digitilus Skyjacker will be on Steam.  

SKYJACKER game has been Greenlit by STEAM Community!

b5ef16f9c0616f6217e16d1f8143bb63_large.j

We're super excited to share an awesome news with all of our friends, backers, mates and space pirates enthusiasts. Yes, we achieved Greenlit status from Steam Community! This is a very important milestone for us, which we could not have achieved without you, our supporters. We feel humbled and fortunate by what we've achieved together, as the road to this milestone has been an easy one. SKYJACKER game has been in top five out of 1550 games on Steam Greenlight for almost a month, which is a true testament and validation of SKYJACKER game in the marketplace. 

c50b92d3729fa4ded3ca7c914a440840_large.j

To reflect on some of the most exciting events throughout this campaign, we have been able to unite and engage with many members of our community around the World. It is truly amazing to see how our vision of SKYJACKER game united so many of you together in SKYJACKER community and resulted in reaching the final milestone - "GREENLIT"

NEXT STEPS

de05724c51d612071a548fb2360eca48_large.j

We promised our community a while ago that we will be transparent regarding our next steps, as it is imperative for us to have continues communication with you that helps our dialog and makes the game better and the community stronger.

We're sticking to our promises, on which we will always deliver, despite the circumstances. 

082ac7888f4adbac10a3949ae0b18c13_large.j

So what's next, when are you planning to start Steam Early Access, some of you might wonder.

Team SKYJACKER continue working on the development tasks to make sure the game gets closer to finish line every day. There are few tasks on the operational side that we will need to complete in order to prepare for the Steam Early access launch, and realistically the earliest we could do it would be late January. We will continue updating you regularly and make sure that there is an advance discussion about it in our DigiForum.

Having said that, we continue looking at the alternative sources of funding that will allow us to keep up with the development tasks while keeping our deadline for SKYJACKER release.

3ad5a7676b6e1424311a3fc123b8edf1_large.j

HOW CAN YOU HELP

• Pre-Order your copy on DigiStore, http://store.digitilus.com/  if you haven't already (HURRY, DigiStore will be closed when we will launch Steam Early Access)
  • Know VC/PE/ANGEL investors? - introduce us! We will become a stellar opportunity for them!

Sincerely Yours,

Eugene, Alexander & Team SKYJACKER

9072640fcad51da0898ac3331072bff9_large.j

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Bit of news from Skyjacker via Kickstart

Hello backers,

We wanted to wish you and your loved - Happy Holidays during this Holiday season. Together we hope that 2014 will bring us much closer to the space exploration. It should definitely be a huge year for us, as we are gearing up for finishing SKYJACKER game, our product of love, dedication and ultimate dream fulfillment.

df4b750a24ff6088c6b0a05a5a11442a_large.j

The Holiday Season is also a time of reflection, and with that we wanted to take a moment to reflect on this year, 2013 which is slowly for some and very fast for others coming to an end. It has been an incredible year, packed with many events. This year has made our team stronger, as we have been through few ups and downs in our relentless pursuit of finishing our product of love - SKYJACKER game. Despite the setbacks, and financial stability, which we are working darn hard to improve, our team is laser focused on reaching our ultimate goal in 2014.

4306a4b6ba7067ec76453ff23833e742_large.j

The most important thing to reflect on, is YOU. You inspire us every day and give us an incredible confirmation and validation for SKYJACKER game importance not only as another game in Space Sim genre, but as a platform, new universe that helps you dream and make your dreams come true!

638cde9830a73a72c9dd18783525c962_large.j

Cheers to us together in 2014!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Hmmm... Skyjacker development seems to have slowed down. They seemed back in  the kickstarter to be fairly far along, wonder why no news. You would think they would want to get the game out before all the big boys release theirs.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

It's because of the ongoing situation in the Ukraine, this thread on their forum gives some details about why the progress of the game has been halted http://www.digitilus.com/forum/index.php/topic,78.0.html and I think most of the dev team are based in the Ukraine, so it may be some time before it starts up again.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

It's because of the ongoing situation in the Ukraine, this thread on their forum gives some details about why the progress of the game has been halted http://www.digitilus...topic,78.0.html  and I think most of the dev team are based in the Ukraine, so it may be some time before it starts up again.

It was before that actually. He had been blackmailled  to deliver the 50% of his company, to the son of the former president of Ukraine.  http://www.digitilus.com/forum/index.php/topic,79.new/topicseen.html#new

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

I really feel for these devs. I have so much respect for them. I was talking to some of them on their forums they are really down to earth people. I believe they managed to escape the Ukraine issue but at a big cost. I think it was Djek that is in the US with his family.

It really puts things in perspetive how lucky many of us are.

I will always back digitilus they are awesome. I remember when I was watching the KS during the closing hour, one of them even sang and the other said "pledge more for him to stop", they are really cool down to earth devs, I adore them so much.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Yes Djekaster has been great and I wish all the devs the best and stay safe my friends. And if any of the Skyjacker team is reading this if there we can do to help just let us know.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I guess Skyjacker is dead now?

Devs have been silent for over a year now, it sucks because they looked really close to releasing this game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Think it pretty dead now and I resigned myself to the loss of the $50 I put up for the crowd funding, but it the way it goes, some you win some you lose.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Think it pretty dead now and I resigned myself to the loss of the $50 I put up for the crowd funding, but it the way it goes, some you win some you lose.

Same here. But considering what happened to the developer (assuming he's telling the truth), I think it was money well spent!!

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4