Notifications
Clear all

Space Merchants: Days Of Glory

Despo
(@despo)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi friends,
[background=#1b2838]If you love science-fiction as we at [/background][background=#192429]Playito.com [/background][background=#1b2838]do, you know there is never enough games of this genre with solid and intriguing story. With [/background]Space Merchants: Days of Glory[background=#1b2838] we try to help fill this gap. With your invaluable support we will be able to finish our project in time and quality it deserves![/background]
Link to greenlight:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612644753

The Game
Singleplayer:[background=#1b2838] [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  Unravel the storyline by playing as a merchant of one of the factions you choose. [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  Explore locations in Solar System and outer space. [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  Buy&sell equipment and goods. [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  Take quests and jobs from NPCs. [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  Fight your enemies in intense dogfights. [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  Improve your ship's AI skills as you gain experience. [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  Upgrade your equipment to go far and beyond. [/background]

Multiplayer:[background=#1b2838] [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  Defeat your opponents in arenas. [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  Team up with your friends. [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  Lead global leaderboards. [/background]

Technical aspects:[background=#1b2838] [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  3D game in HD resolution. [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  Game mechanics inspired by similar games in genre (Elite, Freelancer). [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  Control by mouse+keyboard or gamepad/joystick (desktop version) or via touchscreen (mobile version). [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  English+Czech localization (+ possible other languages). [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  All 3 desktop platforms supported: Windows PC, Mac OS X and SteamOS/Linux. [/background]
[background=#1b2838]â–  Planned mobile versions available on native stores (iOS – App Store, Android – Play Store, Windows Mobile – Windows Store). [/background]

Video:

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Your site links going to the "your leaving steam" page.

So it's a sequel to space Merchant Conquerors I remember that one and I think D1 may have a copy of it stashed in the downloads section of the site.

So it's an arcade space trader game looks like it has all the usual features, like the little taking head pic on the mission brief but get rid of the pew,pew laser sound effect and hope it's not going to have the space cadet story.

Seems to be a lot of these game popping up on mobile at the moment and on the PC you will be going up against the new arcade space trading champion, Rebel Galaxy.

ReplyQuote
Despo
(@despo)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you for your comment, link was fixed 🙂

ReplyQuote
Despo
(@despo)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi guys (and girls :)), we have managed to finish multiplayer part of the game and now we are fine-tuning it as a free web game here. Feel free to come by and check it out. Let us know what you think! Thanks.

http://www.pacogames.com/links/space-merchants-arena.php?1

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Personally and it could be me, but the aiming seemed a little to sensitive. According to the instructions you only have throttle in place, do you plan on getting rolling or strafe left/right? The game pacing seems a little slow to me but not in a responsiveness sort of way. I think overall the game play itself was fine it just didn't seem fast paced might be a good way to say it.

ReplyQuote
Despo
(@despo)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you for your testing! We tried to set some reasonable compromise for mouse sensitivity (to avoid the need for sensitivity settings in options, but we might end up with it anyway), now it should be somewhat optimized for Fullscreen play on FullHD monitor. Were you playing in window or on what resolution? Also turning and auto-aim is bound with spaceship speed, the faster you go the less you can turn and auto-aim window is smaller, for me the middle speed (20 km/h) is optimal most of the time. (The auto-aim is there because we plan cross-platform support and when we were trying playing on Android tablet, it was really hard to fly and shoot at the same time precisely). 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I was in the browser window (firefox), so I never went fullscreen (mon resolution is 1360x768) is and most of the time I was going almost full speed. I did notice that there was weapons on the station and if you shot them you get experience but do they or will they serve a purpose?

It might be my connection, but the in browser download of the game took only like 4s too download which is amazing nice job.

ReplyQuote
Despo
(@despo)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for the info! The weapons on the station can be hacked with special hacker tool item obtainable from the shop (but you need quite a lot of money for it), after you hack the turret it shoots automatically at your enemies. 🙂 If they have hacker tool themselves they can turn it back though. (Each hack attempt has a probability to succeed and it improves over time, see AI skills in hangar). There is also a hacker tool to hack enemy ships, if it succeeds the enemy can't shoot nor turn for some amount of time.

The game is quite big for web platform (at the moment 85 MB and we plan to add 3rd map in following days so it will grow further), fortunately the server is on fast internet so it should fully depend on player's internet connection. Also the game is cached in player's web browser so next time you run it should come up within a few seconds (maybe this was your last experience?)

Besides Battle mode we have Team battle mode, basically there are 2 teams, read and blue, friendly fire allowed ;). Each team gains a point for each kill but there is also possibility to "mine" a point if you place yourself in the very center of the blue map. We will try to come up with other game mechanics for team play along with implementing new maps, for now we are fine-tuning values for items as we see players progress through ranks. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Game on Steam now http://store.steampowered.com/app/548080/ seems to have had a name change and may have gone multiplayer only.

ReplyQuote