Version 1.2.9 should be out tomorrow https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=732240
Spacebourne been getting lots of small updates for the last couple of weeks, nothing major just bug fixes and improvements.
Trouble is, the biggest single issues I have with the game is the flight model and it's two modes. Auto which is for moving around in space and travelling between solar systems. This basically consists of clicking on a target and watching an animation, when you arrive at your destination, you then click on the manual icon which gives you control of the ship and weapons to fight with.
This I think is the biggest flaw in the game design, which is shame because Spacebourne is not a bad game, just let down by the flight model used and I have a feeling it's maybe down to the game engine.
I have a feeling it’s maybe down to the game engine
With engines built around FPS-style "scenes" of intrinsically limited dimensions it's difficult to get rid of the "isolated bubble" effect in a space game indeed :/
It's the Unreal game engine that he used and it just does not work for an open world/ sand box type of game. Great for a level based shooter, IIRC Everspace uses a modified version of it and it works great in that game.
Unless I'm mistaken when using Unreal devs get access to the source and can modify it as they need. I would not be surprised if the vanilla rendering pipeline cannot deal as is with large scale space objects (because of the limited dynamic range of the 32 bit floats used by default, 24 bits for the Z-buffer probably).
So it's either a hack of the engine or one of the gameplay, squeezing the action into a controlled bubble. Depending on one's background the second approach might feel safer!
I think you hit the nail on the head with the bubble as that's how the game feels. As in you are moving between bubbles as you can only target stations, gates, mission targets ect in the auto mode, then theirs a loading animation when you fly to them.
The only thing that can be targeted in the manual mode is other ships, although they are still saying in the Steam forum that you can fly between points. If you can it just eludes me, also their still no variable throttle in manual mode.
No more black screens and I was wrong about the variable throttle, it is their but I don't think it's the default setting as I only realised it was their when I used the X52 joystick with the game.
Early Access Version 1.4.1
New Loading System:
All ingame black loading screens are replaced with in-game cinematics which will also reduce the loading times with a smoother transition.
14 new cinematics are in development to be added in future updates for docking and undocking prccesses.
CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS:
Save System :
Save files have been rearranged. (Old save files are still usable). Save files will now take less space which improves the overall performace and reduce the loading times.
• Notification of mission assignments, mission updates and mission complete interfaces are improved;
• Notification of Loot Gathering, Money Received, Experience Points gathered interfaces are improved;
• Added new notification interfaces
• Certain interfeces have been improved
The following bugs are fixed;
( reported by players as follows):
• Can't lock pirates at T1 Asteroid field.
• Too many ally ships spawns at Xan mission
• Ship Crosshair stuck to screen when try to open pause menu
• Opening pause menu takes too much time. ( The game save system is changed to prevent performance issues in the Game menu and Options menu. However, to prevent loss of progress, the game can still read old save files. But we recommend deleting (or re-writing on) old save files for better performance.)
Spacebourne is getting some new voice overs in the next update, which is tomorrow according to steam.
SpaceBourne Early Access Version 1.4.4 Released
SpaceBourne Early Access Version 1.4.4
All the in-game voice overs are improved. Now all the radio conversations are made by professional voice actors. (Except robotic characters and Main Character)
New mini storyline chain-missions are added to the game. It includes 9-to-11 new unique missions, ( The number of missions varies according to decisions made by the player. ) 35-to-46 sub goals, new maps and characters.
Since this is a big content update we couldn't focus on bugs. Next week we will continue to work on bug fixes and polish again.
The game has hit version 1 and is now out of early access.
SpaceBourne is exiting early access.
In our about 2 years of long early access adventure, we added numerous new features to the game with 51 updates that were requested by our community.
For the last 3 weeks, 4 players play tested SpaceBourne for more than 300 hours and we fixed any bugs that they encountered.
However, the full version of our game does not mean that we will stop improving the game. Spacebourne will grow more and more with your feedback and reports.
Improvements and Changes:
• System scan has been changed. System scanning is now made using only the Scan button. Also, the scanning range has been removed from the game.
• The interaction system with NPCs and other objects at the stations has been reinvented/improved.
• All in-game sounds and music are reclassified and organized.
• All Looking for Pilot missions are balanced
• All side missions from stations generals are balanced
• All Main story missions are balanced
• Crafting is balanced and added new crafting blueprints
Here is the list of bugs that were fixed:
( reported by players as follows):
• Wormhole bosses escape from portal even If I destroy engines.
• I can take Health visitor missions from the start after I complete all chain.
• When looting stuff with the ship in 3rd person view, the ship sometimes crashes into the boxes and takes some damage.
• At the ship modification screen it shows the comparison fields, also when hoovering over the installed weapons.
• I can't complete the final stage of the false prophet mission, as sissy escapes too fast.
• I fail in the battle of Sisy, the game teleports me back to the mission and does not allow me to continue to the game without completing that mission.
• Can’t complete the Drane’s List mission in Sandbox mode.
• The 3rd stage of this Ambush mission has a map pointer indicating it’s at T8. The quest log says Go to T6 and lay an ambush for ships.
• The 4th stage of Food Storage mission: After laser area is removed, the ships flying around are constantly turning I can’t shoot them
• Some outposts Merchant stocks are empty.
•Ukra keeps saying “talk with the lobby” after I enter the Drane’s room
• Lock progress sound effect keeps looping if the target is dead before lock progress completes
• If any cinematics start while I’m firing turrets. Turrets keep firing until I restart the game
• In the market interface, the price written in the left panel and the price written in the middle do not always match each other.
• In the 3rd stage of the foot shortage mission when I take the role of Woga, the character I start with is different than the one I end the mission
• When the speech interface first boots up, it briefly displays the character name as EvE.
• Numerical sorting error occurs in Tip's window.
• I can’t get the stealth module at Escape mission.
• While in space as long as the dialogue interface opens, I cannot click on anything behind the UI.
• There is no door inside Sisy's house on the planet Ganan. So I can't find where to get out.
• If you traded/used new ships other than the initial Andromeda during story mission, and then go into the first illegal Stargate mission, the "stealth" module cannot be used.
• Sorting items in merchant by stock or price reverts the stock value to the point when you first opened the merchant screen.
• When I dock with a dart ship, some station docking ports don’t fit the ship.
• For the mission Sheles part 2 the quest log directs you to XK4 in X4, but the map indicator is X3,
• The dispatcher basic ship has same stats with Dispathcer 2XL (Very rare) ship
• When comparing ships the owned ship’s cargo is always shown as 1000 kg.
• When there is no misc tool on board, selecting an asteroid and trying to mine, makes the ship go up to the asteroid and get stuck
• Sometimes the asteroids blow-off in a single hit(in 2 seconds) from the misc tool
• When mining, when I recall the drone, sometimes the laser of the misc tool does not turn off. This problem continues until the game is restarted.
• When interacting with banks and hangars, if there is another NPC right next to me, the interaction interfaces overlap.
• The alert beeps that you hear when your ship is locked by the enemy sometimes overlaps and remains looping even after the combat is over.
• Skill tree screen keeps playing skill learning sound effects when you click a learned skill.
• If I use a lot of save slots and open the pause menu by pressing ESC during the game, the game will freeze for 3-4 seconds.
• I cannot see the awards I won in the faction wars.
• The starting stats of Sandbox characters do not match those on the character selection screen. No matter what character I choose when I start the game, all stats appear as "5".
• In Trade Tutorial, if you go to a different place than the one you are supposed to go, the training mission becomes unresponsive.
• In the 4th stage of the input tutorial, I’m asked to change the mode with the “R” key, but the mode change is assigned to the L-Ctrl key.
• When you close the game with Alt + F4 while in the Trade tutorial, all the save names become “Trade Tutorial Save”
• While crafting, the raw materials in some crafting blueprints change while crafting. If the cargo has more than necessary raw materials, it consumes 1 more item than the recipe requires.
• If I switch to screenshot mode while crafting, the crafting interface freezes, and I’m forced to quit the game with Alt + F4
• I cannot skip the tutorial interface that opens up after purchasing the Soma station (New interface added)
• In Soma station, when I open the station map, the locations of the buildings I built are not visible. The map is always empty.
• In the Soma station, after installing a building, if I move the character without first closing the UI, the closing options of the UI do not work. This problem continues until you restart the game.
• No matter what task I assign the soldiers, I hire at the Soma station, to they always show on “Guard” task when I reopen the UI.
• I cannot call in the soldiers I hire at Some station to the mission location
• The communication device that I should use to call in my soldier has the description of the “Stealth Module”
• In the Soma Station If I press the “E” button several times to interact with the command center, the UI keeps opening up on top of each other
• If I return to the main menu from the game, the gamepad stops working and the cursor stays stuck in the upper left corner.
• I cannot interact with consoles at the Soma station using a gamepad
• Even though I bring down all the volumes in the settings, some sounds are still playing at loud levels.
• During battles, some sound effects are above the general sound level of the game.
• Some Achievements that were impossible to complete are fixed.
• Certain minor bugs and errors have been fixed.
•Certain English Translation, spelling and grammar errors fixed
• We couldn't reproduce the “I can't get back the items I put in the hangar” bug. if you encounter this bug, please send your last save the file via e-mail “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
• Some control settings have been changed in the game. If you encounter any errors while controlling the ship, please try to reset the controls with the "Reset to Default" button on the settings page.
Endless thanks to all our early access players for your support in this process.