Notifications
Clear all

Star Wars Battlefront: X-Wing VR Mission

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Noticed this on the Darth Vader VR game again not much know about it apart from it will be for the playstation VR device http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/13/11928284/star-wars-battlefront-x-wing-vr-mission and according to Polygon free to anyone who owns StarWars Battlefront on the Playstaion 4

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

What type of trailer was this, shows nothing 🙂

And if they are giving it away with SWBF then it can't be that great personally or they would be cashing in on it. Or does SWBF suck that badly that they need to prop up sales 🙂 (I don't know, I don't own this game...)

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

As I said in the NMS I have acquired some VR goggles and bought this game second hand as I no interest in playing the game itself, I just wanted to download the free VR mission. Fantastic, it maybe only about 20 minutes long and a bit on rails but it's every StarWars fanboy dream to fly an X wing, just wish they make a full game. 

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

@pinback

If only they made a proper game with all functionalities like the X-Wing series. Unfortunately, it's EA DICE. Their games used to be all about sandbox experience, but for the last 10 years, they've been selling spectacle. This X-Wing mission isn't much different from the F-18 Hornet mission in Battlefield 3 that's 100% on rails. I remember the Battlefield community being quite outraged over it and over the direction of the whole game which was marketed as a true sequel to Battlefield 2, but turned out to be more of a Call of Duty clone.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I donk think we will ever see another game another game like X Wing set in the StarWars universe as most developers will go for the lowest common dominator in order to try and get the most sales from the game.

ReplyQuote