Clear all

Star wars the old republic release date

LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

date confirmed

Europeans will have to wait two days longer than US..... shame

December 22 is the date for Europe whereas our friends in North America will get it two days earlier on December 20.

BioWare is preparing for The Old Republic release to be the biggest online launch ever, It's a big ambition but its clear the studio is looking to take advantage of that Christmas spirit.

if you pre orderd you get into the game early anyways, from what i can tell will be 3 to 5 days before the 20 of December.

good news as alot of pc games have been droped untill next year.

So the date is 12-20-2011 and Europe in 22-12-2011 may the force be with you...... 😎

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

As its an MMO I will be giving it a huge miss, there some details on prices on Gamasutra.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3744 ... ra+News%29

Quote:
A copy of the game includes a 30 day subscription, and after that, access costs $14.99 per month, $41.97 for three months ($13.99 per month), or $77.94 for six months ($12.99 per month). In the UK, subscriptions will be £8.99 per month, £25.17 for three months (£8.39 per month) or £46.14 for six months (£7.69 per month). European pricing will be €12.99 per month, €35.97 for three months (€11.99 per month) or €65.94 for six months (€10.99 per month).

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I have been up in the air on SWTOR personally. I doubt I would stick to the game long term, so I will probably pick it up early next year after a few patches and play the storyline til the end since it is BioWare and they are good at that. And if SWTOR sucks me in they might have a paying customer for a while. But as always I will be reading lots of reviews and if they have an open beta and I get in then I might know my answer sooner.

I would probably buy a six month subscription if I didn't have to pay $60 for the game when it gets released. I just hope the game world isn't overly populated by Jedi's.

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

well at lest u get the frist month free, i think the 3 months deal is more than you need for this game, its like when i was playing rift got bored after 2 and a half months 🙄

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Wonder how long it take them to go F2P. ❓

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

PINBACK wrote:
Wonder how long it take them to go F2P. ❓

Personally Pinback if I were EA I would seriously think about it. Yeah I know there is a huge fanbase for StarWars games but, SWTOR will cost $50+ when it comes out and then the $15 a month after 30 days. Like most MMO's there will be a huge drop-off in subscription income within 60days Unless SWTOR has raving reviews and gameplay is awesome. EA says they have spent well over 400mil making this game and I doubt they will recover that cost right away and I think maybe a mixed model like what GuildWars does with paying for the game and then play for free and maybe stick in a item mall for specialty items. In P2P MMO's if people aren't playing your not making money and you know EA will need to patch and provide content on a regular basis to keep the paying customers.

LadynightShade wrote:
well at lest u get the frist month free, i think the the 3 months deal is more than you need for this game, its like when i was playing rift got bored after 2 and a half months 🙄

I think your right Ladynightshade, I will probably buy it and play for 2-3 months. I'm mainly interested in playing the story to see how it is, because it sounds really good from all the interviews with BioWare.

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Each copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic will come with 30 days of subscription time, after which you have the option to continue playing with one of the following monthly subscription fees:

1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (£8.99/€12.99)

3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month (one-time charge of $41.97/£25.17/€35.97)

6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month (one-time charge of $77.94/£46.14/€65.94)

all the prices here now

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110924

thats alot of companions for you how long is this story going to take!

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/companion-characters

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

LadynightShade wrote:
thats alot of companions for you how long is this story going to take!

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/com ... characters

I think its great, looks like the story will be some good fun. Now its just deciding to pre-order or wait a month or so after a few patches have been released to jump into the game. I would also like to read about beta experiences or maybe I can get into the open beta when they have it. I think with some good game playing you could probably beat the story in your 30day time from initial purchase.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Just out of interest anyone know how much the lifetime subscription is.

If there is one.

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

nothing about lifetime subscription i'm afraid so far but you never know with EA will do, i guess £250 or more sounds about right. 😯

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Video of the what you will get if you buy the collector’s edition.

Is it worth a hundred and thirty notes--- Hum well only if you like that sort of thing.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I don't think its worth it personally, maybe if they increase the price a little to about $200-250 and include a lifetime subscription that would be worth the money.

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

think this one will be a miss

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

well if you pre ordered this game *like me* you can download it soon and play 5 days before the 20 dec.

ReplyQuote