Notifications
Clear all

Star Wolves 3: Ashes of Victory

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Here is some info on the upcoming standalone expansion which they say has about 80 hours of gameplay:

Quote:

Star Wolves 3: Ashes of Victory is a stand-alone expansion, the third game in the Star Wolves saga. Original large-scale scenario, closely tied with the first part of the intergalactic epic, helps players influence the ongoing events and affect one of many endings. Free roaming, free mission selection, free team forming – the world of Star Wolves waits for its heroes. The epic saga continues. The last years of the Old Empire were soaked in corruption, piracy and the bloody conflicts which led to its demise. The so-long-awaited peace and order never returned to the Outer Worlds. The New Empire withstood heavy losses in the decisive battles of the Civil War and was forced to retreat to the Phoenix Sector. The clan feud cut the Triad Corporation into two irreconcilable camps. The attempt of an inner coup bled InoCo to near death. The entire systems fell under the control of pirates, and the allies of the former Emperor Ezar, who are trying to enforce terror and chaos in the worlds that would not obey them. The confrontation between various fractions escalates day by day, and a single spark is enough to set the Universe ablaze again.

Features:

- Improved graphics with carefully preserved esthetics of the original game.

- Large-scale scenario to cover more than 110 stellar systems.

- Thoroughly re-worked tactical and role-playing systems.

- New protagonists and NPCs, well-known from the previous games of the series.

- New factions, ships, weapons and equipment.

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

That looks a bit better than the last game Darkone, would like to try a demo first though.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I have had SW3 on my harddrive for about 4 months and have yet to even complete the tutorial mission. Ahhh I wish i had more time because I do like the skill tree and choosing your career path. I will try to work my way through this one and see how it plays and maybe I will pick this one up when it is completed.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

An embarrassment of riches Darkone? 😀 It never goes away! 😆

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Found this article online about the standalone expansion coming soon (Q1/Q2 - 2011).

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/star ... eview.html

What I found really interesting was at the bottom of the article:

Quote:

Most anticipated feature: The open galaxy inspired by the likes of Elite and Privateer is a big draw for space sim fans.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

That’s interesting if there going with open galaxy idea also it says the developer are Elite games I wonder if there’s any connection with the Russian Elite games forum. ❓

ReplyQuote
FStyle
(@fstyle)
Senior Chief Registered

Looking forward to this one (since Civil War was so good), but I'm skeptical about this "open galaxy". Certainly, having some freedom is better than none but if there's not a lot to do, and not a lot of places to go then it isn't all that valuable.

There is so much potential in the SW engine for an awesome open-ended game, though, so I can't wait to see what they've done in Ashes of Victory. Probably getting my hopes up too high, but oh well 😛 Even if it doesn't live up to the expectations, it'll still be good if it's anything like the last one.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Never played any of the star wolves games.

I suppose this new will be a digital download. ❓

ReplyQuote
Ideafix
(@ideafix)
Crewman Registered

I loved each and every SW game.

I eagerly await the release of this expansion 😀

ReplyQuote
BrianRubin
(@brianrubin)
Senior Chief Registered

Awesome! Loved SW3, can't wait for more!

ReplyQuote
Voiddweller
(@voiddweller)
Crewman Registered

PINBACK wrote:
That’s interesting if there going with open galaxy idea also it says the developer are Elite games I wonder if there’s any connection with the Russian Elite games forum. ❓

There is. You can see an Elite Games logo in the video. Civil War was also their work. Looks like they just adopted development from original team, i don't know exact details.

And looks like engine now supports bump mapping! Cool!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Voiddweller wrote:

There is. You can see an Elite Games logo in the video. Civil War was also their work.

Thought there was some connection.

Been looking on 1C site, look like they put the games release back until September now.

ReplyQuote
BrianRubin
(@brianrubin)
Senior Chief Registered

I loved all the of the Star Wolves games, so I'll totally be getting this.

ReplyQuote