Notifications
Clear all

StarField

Page 1 / 5

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Come on I can't believe no one has posted about Bethesda's StarField game?.

CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

It's in the far future!!!!! On the other hand, I still haven't seen anything mentioned about Ubisoft's Starlink!!!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Was Starlink not that rumor from a few years back or is it a new rumor, I'm a bit out of touch with what's going on.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

There isn't much to know at this point although PC Gamer gives a summery of what little is known so far here.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I swear there was a thread or maybe it was just mentioned in another thread, but the E3 reveal was basically nothing.... they just confirmed they are indeed working on a space game 🙂 I will make a dedicated area for it once more starts to get released on it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Having just got around to playing Skyrim I'm looking forward to seeing this as this did mention that they will be making it single player with non of that online nonsense which blights so many other games.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Agreed, if they make this game following the Skyrim template of open world (universe), single player, decent story and the ability to mod. This game will still be being played 6-10yrs later like Skyrim is. They know the forumla, so give us more of it with a different theme and people will give you money 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the first time that a big developer and not counting Mass Effect or Star Citizen with deep pockets ie money has had go at doing this type of game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Endless speculation about the game on YouTube and about the talk given by Todd Howard / Elon Musk at the end of E3. You could read anything into what he was saying .

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I truly hope that Bethesda does this game right and they take their time to get it right and put in a nice technical side mixed with fun arcade/rpg action. But i agree the space travel should be dangerous that if you don't manage your ship properly that you could get stuck, loose cargo, make decisions that impact your future etc... Please don't screw this game up like Fallout76 🙂

Bethesda should just contract some of Elon Musk's time to assist with realism of space flight and expectations 🙂

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

Thanks for the heads-up, will definitely be interesting to see how far into realism they dare to go for a large audience game! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Nice bit of speculation here on the game with some new leaked images, but as they say in the video take it with a grain of salt.

Just hope they don't go the hub way with the ship and it looks like they are going a more realistic with the game.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Yeah I watched this yesterday and didn't post it because I was like ... really? Hyping up this... haha

I definitely want this to succeed so I hope Bethesda takes their time with this and not have it bomb like Fallout 76 😉 I would say we will see some footage sometimes next year.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

So their was an interview with Todd Howard a couple of days ago in which some bits of information about StarField were mentioned https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/11/03/bethesdas-starfield-map-will-be-bigger-than-fallout-76s-todd-howard-says/ and as it says looks like it will be awhile before we see anything.

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

It wll be released after the elder scroll 6?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

But when is Elder Scrolls 6 going to be released.?

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

This is a big question! I assumed that elder scroll 6 will be released sooner because it's more mentioned recently than starfield and also because the development is started before. Anyway, for me, i love both of them (and also a new fallout game...) so i'm pretty happy to wait for them!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Starfield is planned to release before Elder Scrolls 6, talk was 2021/2022 time frame for Starfield. I think they learned their lesson from Fallout 76 and they might take a little more time so I think it will be released in 2022.

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

That's good! I'm waiting more for starfield than tes6!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Trailer not showing anything much apart from saying it's an Xbox exclusive, will it be a year before it appears on PC ?.

From my own point of view if you can't pilot the ship in space than I will give it a miss as I'm not interested in playing another Mass Effect.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Guess we are seeing it in Nov 2022..... still show zero gameplay.... pls pls don't Fallout 76 this thing haha

ReplyQuote
D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

Posted by: @pinback

From my own point of view if you can't pilot the ship in space than I will give it a miss as I'm not interested in playing another Mass Effect.

For sure it would be borderline criminal to have this pretty UI in the cockpit just for show! 🙂
But "11-11-22" and no gameplay footage: a thought for the devs who won't see their loved one for the foreseeable future 😔 

This post was modified 3 years ago by D.C.Elington

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Posted by: @d-c-elington

But "11-11-22" and no gameplay footage

You would have thought they would have shown at least a few seconds of gameplay they have been working on it for like 4yrs now.... maybe we will get some gameplay near the holidays.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Given that StarField is a single player game, we can only hope they have learned from the Fallout 76 train wreck.

I don't mind if the space flight is arcade or more simulation as long as it in the game and not just a hub as in the outer worlds or Mass Effect.

Would have been nice to see a more lush planet or starport rather than the usual dirt ball that every one seems to have in their trailers, maybe in the next one we will see something more interesting.

Hype train now leaving platform 4, destination 11-11-22 if on time. 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @d-c-elington

For sure it would be borderline criminal to have this pretty UI in the cockpit just for show!

<nods> Aye!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5