Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

StarField

Page 2 / 2

D.C.Elington
(@d-c-elington)
Warrant Officer Registered

Posted by: @pinback

I don't mind if the space flight is arcade or more simulation as long as it in the game and not just a hub as in the outer worlds or Mass Effect.

(remembering that docking cutscene with the Normandy 😍)

That's certainly a very challenging game design problem, procedural generation No Man's Sky style for exploration freedom combined to designed zones for detailed RPG action maybe? Unless I'm mistaken that was the original intention with ME Andromeda but they could not make it work in time and had to crash-revert to old-fashioned playable areas... 🤔 Clearly that would be quite a beast of a space RPG engine and would make that "11-11-22" even more puzzling indeed @sscadmin

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Topic starter  

Three short videos showcasing some concept art of city's to visit in the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Concept art is all well and good but for a game of this scale, you think they could show us in-game assets by now they are roughly 1yr out from release. Do we have another Cyberpunk in the works 🤣 ....

Jokes aside.... if these concepts are accurately shown in game they will be fun to explore and interact with

This post was modified 3 months ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Couple more bits of concept art but not saying much although it seems to indicate they game takes place in a 50 LY bubble around earth.

Keep meaning to ask this but that poster they have for the game, is just me or does that woman on it look like Helen Carter from space 1999?.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @sscadmin

Concept art is all well and good but

Yes, but...

The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

To me its still concerning that a game that is a year away from official release that we still have not seen actual in-game play.... A game of scale like this (like Cyberpunk) takes a lot of time and testing to get right. Yeah I think Bethesda is trying to avoid the whole Fallout76 stigma and just not raise peoples expectations so they cannot be disappointed 😉 but on the other hand you need to generate hype for a game as well you been spending years on this game. So I am sure your going to need to sell a lot of copies to re-coop all of the development so here is hoping during the holidays this year Bethesda releases some actual footage to the gamers as a present.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Seven minutes of Bethesda saying how great they are but nothing in the way of game details, apart from maybe a couple of new concept drawings.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @pinback

Bethesda saying how great they are but nothing in the way of game details

<grins> At the risk of repeating mysef: yes, but...

The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2