Supernova Expansion for Armada 2526

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Icebergs blur

http://www.iceberg-shop.com/armada-2526-supernova.html

Quote:
Supernova is the first expansion for Armada 2526 and gives you more to explore, more to exploit, two new races to exterminate, and lets you challenge your friends over a local area network, or by email. The exploration side of the game has been greatly enhanced with new types of stars and planets, and a wide variety of special characteristics that a system may possess. There’s a new trade system that lets you build up a trading network, a system for espionage and special operations, many new technologies to research, and lots of new units types.

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Oooooh, I have a copy of Armada 2526 laying around in my Impulse account, might have to check this out later. Thanks Pinback! 😎

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Looks promising but like most Matrix Games releases there is no demo.

ReplyQuote
darthspacer
(@darthspacer)
Petty Officer Registered

Which is a shame really because I really like some of their games, armada being one of them.

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

quite a few of their games are ok this one beats distant worlds though

no demo but u just have to do a bit more research before committing to a purchase

ReplyQuote
adamsolo
(@adamsolo)
Petty Officer Registered

The chances are that if you are a MOO2 fan, and you liked Galactic Civilizations 2, you will like Armada 2526, especially now with it's expansion Supernova.

I highly recommend that you buy both.

I agree with ollobrain that it beats distant worlds. But the games are very different. DW is very open-ended, kinda like the "Elder Scrolls series for RPG games". In this comparison, Armada 2526 Supernova would be Dragon Age (without score comparison, just gameplay style comparison).

ReplyQuote
darthspacer
(@darthspacer)
Petty Officer Registered

I agree with that, except the elder scrolls series are good 😆

ReplyQuote
lair360
(@lair360)
Petty Officer Registered

I love this game and I have the original. However, this only has limited turns and therefore, you can't have that much fun when the turns are all complete. 🙁

ReplyQuote
FStyle
(@fstyle)
Senior Chief Registered

Just set the turns to 100000 or something at the start of the game. Never understood why the default was a paltry 200 turns...

ReplyQuote