Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Sword of the Stars II dev Interview

Braindead
(@braindead)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Found an interesting interview about Sword of the Stars II

http://www.gbase.ch/pc/specials/8271/902__p4.html

Grimm
(@grimm)
Senior Chief Registered

Sounds very promising. I think they want really try to make an old school 4x space game with some nice features of modern technology. But i hope the promises will be fullfilled, as i said in another post, SOTS 1 wasn't really impressive. At least in the interview you can feel that they are really space sim fans.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

Some sword of the star 2 footage from E3, looks like they have some colourful ship in there, bit of the Chris Foss look.

Now if they would only get on with doing Northstar.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

Quote:
bit of the Chris Foss look.

That's really retro 😀 . Most of graphics designers, adopt a Giger/Manga style 😀 😀 .

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Every time I see some colourful ships I always think of Foss 😀

twentyfirstcenturyfoss.jpg

Makes a change from all the gun metal ships colour we tend to see now.

ReplyQuote
lair360
(@lair360)
Petty Officer Registered

That SHIP (Above) look cool! I don't care if the colour / stripes look bizzar... THIS IS WAY COOL!!! *Squeal*

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I thought these two trailers here really showed off the gameplay of SotS2 and I have to admit I am liking what I am seeing so far....

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-sword-of-the/716289 [/gametrailers]

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-sword-of-the/716286 [/gametrailers]

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Never been one for playing these 4x4 games but this does look interesting.

ReplyQuote
kaelus
(@kaelus)
Crewman Registered

Grimm wrote:
Sounds very promising. I think they want really try to make an old school 4x space game with some nice features of modern technology. But i hope the promises will be fullfilled, as i said in another post, SOTS 1 wasn't really impressive. At least in the interview you can feel that they are really space sim fans.

Not speaking as a fanboy, but i'm very curious why exactly you think SOTS wasn't very impressive? I've put some heavy time into it and it's probably, beyond Civ IV that is, the only strategy game i can play over and over again. Did you play it when it was new and never tried it again? That might explain it a bit methinks. Just curious if you would indulge me.

I only say this as the current final product has been supported like probably no other product I have seen and is almost a completely different game.

ReplyQuote
Grimm
(@grimm)
Senior Chief Registered

kaelus wrote:

Not speaking as a fanboy, but i'm very curious why exactly you think SOTS wasn't very impressive? I've put some heavy time into it and it's probably, beyond Civ IV that is, the only strategy game i can play over and over again. Did you play it when it was new and never tried it again? That might explain it a bit methinks. Just curious if you would indulge me.

I only say this as the current final product has been supported like probably no other product I have seen and is almost a completely different game.

Yes i tried it when it was relatively new and without the expansions. I gave this game some time but for a space themed 4x game there was something missing for me. The reasearch tree was nice and the different tracelling methods for the races were a innovative feature. But at the core all you did in SOTS was build a massive fleet an throw it into space. Diplomatic options were very limited, ecology and planet mangment was very basic and the battles looked nice but i can't remember that you could use much tactics in the rts battles. I compare every space 4x game with Master of Orion 2, so this make this also a bit difficult 🙂

edit: the trailers look very promising, they certainly got my attention.

ReplyQuote