Notifications
Clear all

Tachyon picking back up

JGZinv
(@jgzinv)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Over the last I've been trying to herd as many old clanners toward Tachyon's Facebook group page as

I could and we've been seeing improved turn outs in arena. I'm also treating the Tachyon group as our joint hub for

the FringeSpace mod, so I'll put up little things here and there for progress updates.

... 4709132945

If you'd like to join to play a game or get active in the FS2 mod, lemme know. 😉

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I am a huge fan of Tachyon and have always wanted a sequel and it would be great to see FringeSpace actually make it to everyone. Now if we could only get Bruce Campbell to donate some time to narrate the game 🙂

ReplyQuote
JGZinv
(@jgzinv)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Well we will cross that road when we get to it. He's more likely to help if the game is largely done and we only needed a handful of lines than asking up front and having no

idea of what we needed. Even in what plots we've come up with for a potential SP campaign, that would be more like a hub with spokes than a single driven player, we'd want

to shy away from Logan as a major character. You "can" use him, just I think there's more that can be done if he's an outside role, considering everything we thought about

was post Bora / GS war. Even as just something to throw together to start a test mission with for example, I wrote out a history and back story for a son of Redship Rory. There's

a lot of potential in the fringe of space...

Just about all the old developers have given us their blessing though.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

I saw some posts about using gameport joysticks, with newer enviroments, on the facebook page of FringeSpace. I have a gameport USB adapter tha works fine with my Thrustmaster FCS (Top Gun version). You can check it here: http://www.cmsco.gr/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=7&lang=En

ReplyQuote
JGZinv
(@jgzinv)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Problem is that those gameport to USB adapters don't work for the MS Sidewinder line. So your best solution is to get a actual card.

Really I've not missed the FF much, the motors still twitch and are strong when I play Wings of Prey, so it's still a fight.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

JGZinv wrote:
Well we will cross that road when we get to it. He's more likely to help if the game is largely done and we only needed a handful of lines than asking up front and having no

This would be really great if he could speak a few lines for you. I do hope he says yes and great to hear the game getting some well deserved attention on here for a change! 🙂 Tachyon will always be one of my favourite space sims.

ReplyQuote