Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

The Battle of Sol

StocksBPG
(@stocksbpg)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hey Everyone,

It's about time I introduce myself to this fantastic community (honestly, I should have done this ages ago).  My name is Christopher Stockman and I'm the design lead behind the newly released space-combat game, The Battle of Sol.

Also, I was the design guy behind the space-combat game, SOL: Exodus which released back in 2012 (before everyone and their mom started making them again)  🙂

So what exactly is The Battle of Sol?  

Back in early 2014 I acquired the original game's IP and assets, got most of the original team back together, and we set out to make a PS4 version of the original game with some improvements.

Along the way we ended up basically remaking the whole game.  The Battle of Sol is the end result.

Here are the features:

- Over 20 missions featuring 2 distinct, flyable ships.

- All new game mechanics; give wingmen orders, manage ship subsystems, enhanced targeting, multiple missile types, and new ship physics

- All new environments, sound FX, music, and visual FX.

- All new story and VO featuring top-named talent. 

- Revamped AI, some mission branching, and much more.

If you're a fan of space-combat games please check it out!  

Steam link:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/282620

Launch Trailer link:

Thanks,

Chris

Anonymous

So, does it have same story as exodus or is it a sequel/prequel?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

Any chance of releasing it through GamerGate, even it just the Steam code? as I don't buy any thing through Steam just use it for registering and updating games.

ReplyQuote
StocksBPG
(@stocksbpg)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

So, does it have same story as exodus or is it a sequel/prequel

Kind of the same story as Exodus but a retelling of it.  

It is a whole new experience.  

ReplyQuote
StocksBPG
(@stocksbpg)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Any chance of releasing it through GamerGate, even it just the Steam code? as I don't buy any thing through Steam just use it for registering and updating games.

We'll look into this.

ReplyQuote
Bouitaz
(@bouitaz)
Senior Chief Registered

Does it feature sandbox play as well as campaign?

Can you play in a third person chase cam view?

(Basically, how like Freelancer is it? ^^ nah, just kidding, mostly.)

ReplyQuote
StocksBPG
(@stocksbpg)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Does it feature sandbox play as well as campaign?

Can you play in a third person chase cam view?

(Basically, how like Freelancer is it? ^^ nah, just kidding, mostly.)

No sandbox play.  This is a story-driven, space-combat game.  

And while we don't have a third person chase cam view we do offer a mouse control option that is very similar to Freelancer.  

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

Any support for joysticks as you mentioned mouse control?.

ReplyQuote
StocksBPG
(@stocksbpg)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Any support for joysticks as you mentioned mouse control?.

Yep, the game supports joysticks.  However, full HOTAS support is coming early next week.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Getting some good ratings on Steam thus far.

Any plans to allow modding so people can create their own SP missions or campaigns to play in the game? I think this would help with longevity and content. You may not have to come out with expansions or DLC for the game if gamers can make it for you 🙂

ReplyQuote
StocksBPG
(@stocksbpg)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Getting some good ratings on Steam thus far.

Any plans to allow modding so people can create their own SP missions or campaigns to play in the game? I think this would help with longevity and content. You may not have to come out with expansions or DLC for the game if gamers can make it for you

Excellent question!

As a matter of fact we are adding Steam Workshop support as I type this.  We'll release our tools and let users create their own SP missions (and eventually full campaign and total conversions).  As you know we're an Unreal 3 title BUT we don't use Kismet (UE3's visual scripting system) to create missions--instead we use a mission editor similar to Freespace2's FRED editor to build our missions.   It's actually a very powerful system that should empower users to make whatever they want.

ReplyQuote