Notifications
Clear all

The Polynomial

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

The Polynomial is a multi-platform game designed by Dmytry Lavrov for Windows, Linux and MacOS. What I like most about Polynomial is the fractal environment that is used. The flight and combat engine is simple but fun and fast paced as more enemies appear.

There is some system requirements for the game, you will need either a NVidia GeForce 9800, 8800, 5600(?), 280, 295, and other similarly recent NVidia cards or ATI Radeon HD 4650 (512 MB), 4850, 3800 (with latest drivers as of may 2009. Old drivers fail), and other similarly recent ATI cards.

You can download the 10 arena demo from here: http://dmytry.pandromeda.com/games/try_polynomial.html and if you like the game you can purchase it for roughly $30-40 and you will get 28 arena's and the ability to make your own with the editor.

Check out some of the gameplay:

The Polynomial homepage: http://dmytry.pandromeda.com/games/index.html

Here is a few pics of the game in action:

[attachment=51:Polynomial_1.jpg]

[attachment=52:Polynomial_2.jpg]

[attachment=53:Polynomial_3.jpg]

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Well there has been a few improvements to Polynomial since I last looked at it. It seems to run smoother on my system and never once dipped under 60fps. Got a score of 1380 on default settings on my first go around.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Looks like it is finally out of beta and now can be purchased on Steam. Here is the latest videos of the game:

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

Stuff like this is why many of us got into computing in the first place. It looks and feels like something the legendary Jeff Minter would have written - just imagine you're a Metagalactic Llama fighting at the edge of time!

Gorgeous, trippy visuals

Options to sync the visuals to your music(!)

Ambient sounds and music fit perfectly into the game

It's only £5.99 on steam! Bargain!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

WOW 😯

Watching some of those vids makes me think about that freaky end sequence from 2001. Nice, I hope this game does well 😎

ReplyQuote