Notifications
Clear all

Void Destroyer - fly like X-Wing - command like Homeworld

Page 5 / 5

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Congratulation Paul, it's always great if you can do a job you enjoy and it's been a pleasure to see how Void has changed over the years going from one iteration to another.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Feb video update.

From Kickstarter update

I might post more details about this on the blog since I think its an interesting topic, but for now I'll keep it short (for once). Just wanted to share that news with you guys. 

Just because the game is released doesn't mean that development has stopped, instead it means that I'm working on player wish list items and suggestions. I'll continue to do this for a bit more then hopefully transition towards Void Destroyer 2 - aka sandbox. Really excited about that.

There's one particular player wish list item that I'm most excited about and I made a short dev update video to highlight it.

I call it "Pretty Mode" - a few of you asked whether it would be possible to have "Ship Mode visuals in Tactical mode." See the dev video below for more details.

Other Requested Items Added:

• Guard command 
  • Gamma slider
  • Color blind HUD assist
  • A bunch of other - additions/polish to commands, controls, etc

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

According to s Steam update Paul is looking for a few tester for some upcome DLC for the game http://steamcommunity.com/games/259660/announcements/detail/139951648861606071

Hey guys!

I'm looking for some Void Destroyer fans to help out testing the upcoming "Mini Sandbox DLC"

Mini sandbox DLC? What's that? You ask...

Well its a planned free DLC to Void Destroyer.

Its basically what the name says - a fairly small and basic sandbox - set in the Void Destroyer universe (after the events of the main story).

I want to keep this brief because there will be a larger post/announcement as the DLC gets closer to release but here's the basic info:

As I started working on Void Destroyer 2 - I realized I could release a sort of a proof of concept/prototype of it as it is fairly playable - though simplistic game (in the general scope of sandbox games). Simplistic for various reasons - for example there are no civilians (due to not having assets to have a civilian faction) and just getting started on the sandbox route.

Anyway - I thought you guys might enjoy the mini sandbox so I hope that becomes the case and this DLC adds to the value of the game and your enjoyment.

Back on topic

I'm looking for a few dedicated testers to donate about an hour or so of their time testing the initial build and then a few more hours for later builds. If you are interested and if you have racked up a bit of time on Void Destroyer (so that I know that you'll be ok being tossed into the DLC at its earlyish state).

Post a message on this forum: http://steamcommunity.com/app/259660/discussions/11/

We'll go from there.

Thanks - and thank you for supporting the project.

Paul

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Video from Paul taking about the free DLC for Void Destroyer and his plans for Void Destroyer 2 sand box mode. 😎

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5